The way forward

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Fishermangents
Site Admin

The way forward

Post by Fishermangents » Tue May 25, 2021 1:12 pm

Dear members,

Thanks to everyone who reached out to me. It helped me understand how much this board means to you. Combined with your pledges for support, this made me decide to keep ImetelChat in the air at least until we've figured out a way to keep this community alive.

In a practical sense the future of this board depends on two things:
1) Securing funding to pay for hosting and maintenance. I will look into starting a gofundme to cover costs.
2) Ensuring a basic form of moderation. Ashah offered to take on this responsibility, which I will gladly consider. I will be aligning with Biopearl as well to ensure a smooth transition.

Sidenote: to keep costs down and simplify maintenance, I'm planning to shut down the "Imetelstat.info" domain. Currently "Imetelstat.info" serves only to redirect users to "Imetelstat.eu". Of course this board will remain accessible through "Imetelstat.eu". This change would take effect on 31 May 2021.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on all of the above.

Thanks!

Fish Jr.

nerdyboy99

Re: The way forward

Post by nerdyboy99 » Tue May 25, 2021 3:08 pm

This is the way.

Fishermangents
Site Admin

Post by Fishermangents » Tue May 25, 2021 4:30 pm

Dear members,

As Huntingonthebluffs suggested, I created a Gofundme campaign in order to keep this website going: https://gofund.me/953c30c3. You are more than welcome to donate any amount there.

Together we'll be able to finance hosting, domain name and maintenance of ImetelChat/Imetelstat.eu. The campaign goal is based on what I estimate will be enough to keep this website going for at least a couple of years.

Many thanks in advance. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Fish Jr.

huntingonthebluffs

Post by huntingonthebluffs » Tue May 25, 2021 5:30 pm

Thank you Fish Jr.! Very thoughtful response and perfectly on target in my view. Also, a big thank you as well to biopearl123 for his many contributions and to ashah for the generous offer to step up to moderate the ImetelChat community going forward!

earfool

Post by earfool » Wed May 26, 2021 2:38 am

Thanks to all who manage and contribute to Imetelstat.

I was delighted to make a contribution to this worthy cause. Although opinions differ about Imetelstat on this forum... all discussions are a pleasure to read and participate in. Imetelstat is pretty much free of the idiocy and acrimonious verbiage found on the Yahoo site and thus is a refuge for thoughtful readers seeking info about this "First in Class" drug as it goes though clinical trials and development.

Please consider donating yourself.

..............earfool

rccola335

Post by rccola335 » Wed May 26, 2021 2:50 am

thanks for continuing the forum

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat May 29, 2021 7:04 pm

Funded! Way to pull together everyone...

Now, onward! :arrow: Cheers

huntingonthebluffs

Post by huntingonthebluffs » Sun May 30, 2021 8:56 pm

There is no problem if donations exceed the goal of $1000. euros. So far only 18 donations have been made so if one values this site and would like to push above the goal, IMO that would be great. With $1000 euros goal achieved, we can all breathe a sigh of relief, however that goal will only cover the bare minimum of the actual costs for the site for two years given there are no problems along the way. I think most of know that it is a stretch to go 2 years problem free where computers, networks, security, software etc. are involved.

Considering that other than biopearl123, I doubt the vast majority of us have ever made a donation towards the cost of this site/board, which has been funded primarily by Fishermangents Sr./Jr. for many years. I hope everyone who finds value here (e.g. see earfools post above) would consider making a donation to give Fishermangents Jr. and the rest of us some cushion on keeping this site up as long as needed.

As we get nearer to commercialization in 2023, an additional round of GFM funding will likely be needed. I personally believe we will want this site to continue on for a time beyond initial commercialization so it seems to me adding a little cushion here might be prudent. I believe that in a couple years we will all be extremely happy that we made that donation here to keep the wheels of sanity and quality discussion rolling on this very special site.