Post to Fish Jr.

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
huntingonthebluffs

Post to Fish Jr.

Post by huntingonthebluffs » Mon May 24, 2021 9:16 pm

Dear Fish Jr.
I am a member on ImetelChat and FWIW, I wanted to share my take on ImetelChat with you. In my opinion, if at all possible the site should be kept up and running for the next few years. I also realize it is a long shot for this to happen given both you and biopearl123 are wanting to step away.

In preface, I, as many members and non-members, have great appreciation and admiration for what Fishermangents Sr. built and maintained for years and for you, his son, and biopearl123 who have maintained since his passing. Having interacted with Fishermangents Sr. on ImetelChat and watched his relentless coverage and defense of Imetelstat / Geron in the MF space across multiple boards, it is MHO that he would not if at all in his power let www.Imetelstat.info or ImetelChat close out given efficacy and safety proven out and commercialization in site even if we are talking 2-3 years.

This is in no way meant to reflect negatively on anyone as clearly, biopearl123 has gone far above and beyond as have you. And no one would begrudge that you deserve to step away from the duties entailed here.

I do believe however, that this board and it’s members are a close family of sorts, many of us linked by having lost family members to MF or other hematological cancers and some are dealing with those diseases themselves. I personally have lost a close brother-in-law to MF. While most here expect Imetelstat to win some of the races, I believe it is important that we stay connected and provide an important level of diligence on medical progress regardless of the winners but especially in regards to Imetelstat. In regard to the possibility of a “data desert” while we wait for the final readout for MDS P3 and the MF P3 results, I personally believe we will have much to consider and discuss during the forth coming months. We all know, anything can happen at any time as Imetelstat has proven its safety and efficacy while active in the space of tremendous unmet needs.

I think a significant number of us have and feel a degree of responsibility to maintain this diligence via ImetelChat, its history and high standards as an online board. To say there are other boards is comparing diamonds to coal and while some good and well-intended decent posts do occur by good and well-intended posters on those boards, there is also a very high degree of disingenuous posting with mean spirited interaction providing no value and often confusion and disgust to those in search of real knowledge and understanding for their personal situation.

So while biopearl123 is resigning from the moderator duties, it would seem there should be some level of succession planning allowed and taking place here. Obviously, I am wearing a beggars garb here, but I wonder if there is room here where we might be given some amount of time, at least 2-3 months for identifying biopearl123’s replacement and establishing a Go-Fund-Me source or some other funding source to pay for the on-going maintenance and support of the site assuming the availability of you or a replacement to oversee the site. Many of us have offered and would only require a bit of organization to establish adequate funding.

I believe, however, it would require both biopearl123 and you to identify and reach out to members or others who they feel are accredited and would be willing to step up to manage and monitor. You both would need to provide an advisory role during the time needed to reorient the website to new ownership and moderator. If this is out of the question, then so be it but it has just felt with so much here and so close to success to shut it down abruptly does not feel worthy of the founder, current management, members, history, purpose or value found on this site.

While I know there is a small percentage of members who post here, I think that does not in any way reflect a fair or decent measure of the scope and impact of what actually is covered by the posts or the level of understanding and new thought that is experienced by those reading and thinking about the science, research, development, trials, competitive and regulator environments, etc. shared in those posts.

Again, I hope you will consider allowing a way forward, but regardless, thank you for all you have done.
Warm regards, Huntingonthebluffs

Finally, while I hope there might be a way to preserve what we all love and value here. If not, this is likely my last post. Thanks to all who have spent time here and good luck to your families and those suffering the affects of these ugly diseases.

In closing, just a thought in case we are given some time to recover ImetelChat’s existence. Something to help that is available on ImetelChat is the “Private messages” feature, where logged in members can send information to another member(s) to provide non-public interchange. I think this tool could be used for those who want to help and / or be part of the transition from Fishermangents Jr.(should he not want to continue in his role) and biopearl123 to others, as it is a way to communicate and organize outside of the ImetelChat posting format. We might also find Zoom as a tool to meet and discuss a path forward. In addition, since I, and probably most of us, know little of what is required in process, organization, effort, time, etc., so if we were to be allowed some time to discover and implement alternatives, Fishermangents Jr and biopearl123 would need to provide information or document(s) for reference and guidance.

biopearl123

Re: Post to Fish Jr.

Post by biopearl123 » Mon May 24, 2021 11:40 pm

Hunt , I have shared contact info w Fish jr. I suggest you contact him directly. Good luck and best wishes bp

ashah

Post by ashah » Tue May 25, 2021 1:10 am

VOLUNTEER to maintain the site.
I can offer to maintain the site from a technical (website/phpBB) standpoint.
I will/can also take the responsibility from a financial standpoint.

Further, while we await transition for "subject matter expert" biopearl - while the activities may be limited - at least we do not lose the historical knowledge / valuable contents.

Given the limited time, please feel free to directly reach out to me at:
fishyGeronCD@gmail.com or private message me.

ashah

Post by ashah » Tue May 25, 2021 1:11 am

VOLUNTEER to maintain the site.
I can offer to maintain the site from a technical (website/phpBB) standpoint.
I will/can also take the responsibility from a financial standpoint.

Further, while we await transition for "subject matter expert" biopearl - while the activities may be limited - at least we do not lose the historical knowledge / valuable contents.

Given the limited time, please feel free to directly reach out to me at:
fishyGeronCD at gmail.com or private message me.

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Tue May 25, 2021 1:23 am

Ashah have ask fish jr to contact you and any other interested persons directly. He should be able to do so via PM