Excellent post from kmall YMB

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

Excellent post from kmall YMB

Post by biopearl123 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:08 am

From kmall YMB:

@Jerry Reading through a company's proxy one must consider "legalities"......this has been obviously scrutinized over by Gerons team of lawyers - which there are about a half dozen or so. From what I was able to skim through and what Hunter has aptly pointed out, I for one feel quite reassured in my investment here. When you start putting all of the pieces together -

1. The science and data so far

2. Quality of the team in place and their backgrounds

3. Patent durations and extensions

4. Goals for regulatory filings and commercialization

5. Manufacturing in place ready to initialize

6. Potential partnerships outside of the US for commercialization

7. FDA meeting having taken place with a decision to follow on IMbark trial continuance

8. Data presentation for P3 IMerge clinical trial at a Healthcare Conference sometime in 2020

What I see is a company laser focused and a CEO determined to get approval and commercialization completed in a timely manner. Goals are in place and being checked off the list one by one. A proxy statement is a snapshot of where the company stands at this moment in time and what it has accomplished in the past year. A report card if you will. From what I see so far I would have to give them a solid A+.

I have used the analogy on several occasions between this company and AMZN, which I was fortunate enough to have purchased when in was in the $200 range......that company had A LOT of growing pains and was left for dead on more than one occasion. Like Dr, Scarlett, Jeff Bezos is a DRIVEN MAN with a VISION.......you put those two together and it's a recipe for success. The main difference here is that a Biotech with a First In Class Drug has more hurdles to jump through. Ryan and Martin have both pointed out to the TN (Triple Negative) patient subset in P2 MF which accounted for about 25% of the trial patients. These are VERY sick individuals who have lived 2-3x longer then those patients on JAKafi........this has been the case with Imetelstat across the board. We have had patients with a MUCH higher transfusion burden and our MOS results so far have vastly exceeded those of our counterparts JAKafi or Luspatercept by 2-3x.

From an investment standpoint if everything falls into place - as it looks to be doing, I see this being a much greater opportunity then I had with AMZN.......my investment in that holding paid off about 10x.......with the 2 indications on the table: MDS and MF, AML as a proof of concept and then any subsequent combos to follow, this will blow that away by 10x EASY. There is a reason why a large short presence looms overhead....there is A LOT of potential revenue with this drug and that means it will take the revenue stream of those already in the space and elsewhere with combos. Dr. Scarlett has said that "he intends to create shareholder value." I for one believe him. He has been around this block more than once and the neighborhood he's been trolling through isn't exactly a pretty one. It's extremely cutthroat and difficult to navigate through successfully. My money is on Dr. Scarlett and Team Geron. He is as sly as a fox and a survivor in a business where the weak are killed and eaten on a daily basis. Big Pharma is not a game for the unskilled or those with no cajones.......he's got both and is riding this game out across the finish line!!! Best of luck to you, the patients and all of us longs here awaiting the success of Imetelstat.- Kmall

biopearl123

Re: Excellent post from kmall YMB

Post by biopearl123 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:17 am

Suspect the FDA meeting to discuss potential approval/future study design for MF will come once the EHA abstracts are public (May 14). Shortly after that Geron should make the results of that meeting public, I suspect before the annual shareholders meeting. Then finalization re future development for MF before the end to Q2 but after EHA. An ex US partnership could be announced at anytime. Scarlett was very clear that he would not discuss partnerships until there was clear supporting strong data. From the recent filings, it is clear he has now had multiple discussions with potential partners, QED he has the data. Its going to be a busy six to eight weeks. We are so far under the radar as to be subterranean (not six feet, just under the topsoil), that should change soon. bp