Biopearl SA Post of Interest

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
bucbeard

Biopearl SA Post of Interest

Post by bucbeard » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:09 pm

Worth your time to ponder.

biopearl
Comments1140 | + Follow
If anyone can repost this on Imetelchat for me, please do. I could not get on the site (it has been known to be finicky. Anyway just wanted to put together a few random musings before the conference call tomorrow. Its pretty clear that Scarlett plans for Geron to manufacture and market Imetelstat, a lot of it. Not just enough for the PIII MDS study, the needs of which would probably be met by the Janssen agreement anyway. The reasons for this are obvious but the sudden press for quality assurance and large manufacturing capabilities might be driven by the FDA requirements for accelerated approval (see previously posted FDA communications as to where the bar is set.). We have excellent additions to the management team well outlined by Ryan, a great poster on Imetelchat and others. But here is something I found interesting. For the first time in any presentation, I heard Dr. Mascarenhas delineate a dichotomy of paths MF might take. One is the "typical" bone marrow fibrosis/splenic enlargement path and the other is the path that leads to AML. Since we know where Imetelstat leads regarding treating splenic enlargement (yes why don't we wait until the end stages of the disease to start treatment!), I sense Dr. M was implying the disease modification we have all heard about is actualized in the realm of derailing or slowing the inexorable path to AML in the second group where splenic symptoms are less of a consideration. Not to say they too don't progress, they do and even if they did, again perhaps benefit is manifest in the AML realm (and life expectancy), rather than the kingdom of the spleen We should have more MF mortality data and also with MDS, some data should be emerging (pun) re progression to AML even in the low risk group that might or might not lend credence to the above. I hope someone can ask this question during tomorrows call. Regards, bp
06 Mar 2019, 02:11 PM