S3 filing

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl

S3 filing

Post by biopearl » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:54 pm

Well today after market our friends at Geron filed an S3 to raise up to 250M additional dollars. Of course speculation will be rampant that this means Geron will be going it alone. If you feel that way lets all take a breath. (I know I need to) and consider: 1. Excellent data presentation at EHA 2. Great recent continuing preclinical data (see note from jpheis on Imetelchat, and Richard on YMB.) 3. Promising preclinical data in AML and solid tumors. 4. Known CRs and PRs in both MF and MDS. 5. Plans for additional studies as outlined in the shareholders letter. So an alternative interpretations to the fund raise include possibilities that 1. the 25 new MDS analysis is done and a phase III will proceed. 2. The FDA has analyzed the MF data and we will have news regarding the drugs status change. 3. An AML study is in the offing 4. The additional studies Scarlett alluded to may materialize. I think you don't raise 250 M unless you have something sizable in mind, one of which yes could be stayin' alive the other could be keeping patients alive. Ok lets all breathe now. Please share your thoughts. bp

Ryan

Re: S3 filing

Post by Ryan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:02 am

Hello again, I believe this filing is identical (up to $250 M) as the one last month except they amended to include (or grant shares or something) to the investment firm handling the potential sale.

So I could be wrong but I don't think this is anything new but an amendment to what we have seen.

However, it bubbles up all the points you are making --- why is Geron filing for such a potentially huge influx of cash?

biopearl

Re: S3 filing

Post by biopearl » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:35 am

Thank you Ryan, I mistakenly thought this was a new filing. Thanks for clarifying bp