New article on SA: A Closer Look At Johnson & Johnson's Collaboration With Geron

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Fishermangents
Site Admin

New article on SA: A Closer Look At Johnson & Johnson's Collaboration With Geron

Post by Fishermangents » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:38 pm

by JMY Investments, 22 Dec 2015

Summary:
- Johnson & Johnson Looks To Geron's imetelstat for one of its next blockbuster cancer treatments.
- Geron has multiple catalysts over the next several years to drive shareholder value based on milestone accomplishments associated with the Janssen collaboration agreement.
- FDA has agreed to an accelerated Phase 2/3 trial protocol for myelodysplastic syndrome, which will expedite potential commercialization of the product.

Conclusion:
Imetelstat has the potential to be a blockbuster drug for both Johnson & Johnson and Geron. For Johnson & Johnson, it's one of many potential therapies to come to market over the next few years. For investors of Geron, it represents an opportunity for significant value creation. It isn't without risk. However, with multiple catalysts along the way, the risk/reward is enticing for investors looking for the potential of higher returns associated with a highly speculative investment.

Link: http://seekingalpha.com/article/3770676 ... with-geron

Comment from the author: " I am by nature very conservative in my assumptions. I used MLV's valuation because they have been most involved in Geron. I agree potential for other indications look promising as well."