In transit

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

In transit

Post by biopearl123 » Fri May 10, 2024 10:39 am

I am in transit after an extensive visit to the Gaza/Israel boarder to evaluate the Magen David Adom (Israeli equivalent of the Red Cross). I would love to share my thoughts and experiences there but I can not without violating the basic guidelines we have for the most part kept to on this board. I believe I can say that I found a unity of purpose and a high level of training and experience that has saved many lives. Unfortunately I also saw Israeli civilian ambulances that had to be armored against RPGs. The efforts to protect the blood supply (and mother’s milk) are extraordinary. That’s all I can say in this forum and I will ask fellow board members not to respond to these sentiments, at least not here. I can only say that I miss Charles Krauthamer deeply, those who knew his work will understand. OK I am shutting down this thread and moving on to the meeting. Thank you Kmall, HI, Ryan, Hunt, KT and others for posting your thoughts. I have not listened to the meeting as yet so I am responding to the distillations posted. Great job guys for posting the real important stuff. I will mention that in the past, while evoking the “oh, it’s quarantined, can’t talk about that”, my recollection is that JS has advised that abstracts will be submitted or have been submitted without saying anything of substance. Total ratio silence? Hmm, do wonder if finally we get our plenary. It’s pretty clear that the prolongation of the MF study is a good thing, a very good thing. Should the study be terminated for efficacy (HI, special thanks for getting that made crystal clear), not sure how you maintain a blinded study if you know who is crossing over… Also for clarifying that crossovers are not classified as deaths, that in itself would be a tough sell to any statistics/ethics committee, but it needed to be clarified. And thank you CKTC for keeping the knowledge that there was a crossover option in our field of view. The Rux/Imet study continues with the blessing of the DSMB. The high risk MDS/AML study continues. The pursuit of an oral agent continues… All nice things to come home to. Thank your for your continued contributions and support. bp. PS, getting home turns out not to be that easy. United it appears has canceled all their flights for the next month to and from Tel Aviv (they don’t like the “war zone” risk of flying, I can understand that), anyway thanks to the other airlines that are getting me home.