need more activity here - quiet before the storm?

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam

biopearl123

Re: need more activity here - quiet before the storm?

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:18 pm

The implications of disease modification are clear namely altering transformation to AML. Nice to se it entering mains discussion. Lots of anticipation here but not hard proof as yet. You can be sure they are looking. bp

rccola335

Another thing to see

Post by rccola335 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:29 pm

Bigfun

Re: need more activity here - quiet before the storm?

Post by Bigfun » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:14 pm

Thanks for those links rccola335! While we wait through the quiet bit I thought this may be of interest. Slightly off topic but you may find this news regarding an evolving brain tumor treatment inspiring. This part of the write up reminded me of some of the ADCOM discussion around mitigating AEs and toxicity during treatment with Imet. I think it highlights that even the most successful cancer treatments, generally speaking are very "sharp tools", not a lot of options as physicians try to selectively target cells. Seems to be what oncologists must carefully deal with as part of their standard practice.

"Managing the toxicity of immunotherapies is another area of great interest to medical oncologists. "That can be very difficult and nuanced," Professor Long says. "Richard's been lucky enough to get through 10 months of pretty toxic treatment because of the experience of the team in managing [the delivery of immunotherapy] and [understanding] the nuance of toxicity."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-01/ ... /103610270