Using fingers to count down now

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Ryan

Using fingers to count down now

Post by Ryan » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:46 pm

That ODAC meeting is getting close.

Per conversations and pure conjecture on other boards, I would say that the vote will be unanimous, in favor of course.

biopearl123

Re: Using fingers to count down now

Post by biopearl123 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:22 pm

Ryan, I have to agree. I think the ODAC meeting may well result in a unanimous (or near unanimous) vote and serve as a spring board for a more public review of the supporting data. It will also provide an inflection point for assessing the value of Geron as a company.

LWS

Post by LWS » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:07 pm

bp, Ryan --- The count is now 10 (ODAC Imetelstat meeting, March 14th)

Most on this board follow the science, publications, conferences and medical successes of Imetelstat (earth 1), that judge Imetelstat to be a much needed and deeply researched blood cancer medicine. However, most people (earth 2) apparently have not been convinced judging by the PPS. We will soon find out if ODAC and the FDA are on 'the up-and-up' (I believe that they are) or if some other factor is in play. A 'microscope' will be on both Imetelstat and ODAC. I wonder who the KOLs will be. Will there be any negative KOL?

I am very optimistic, but still cautious.
Others have talked about possible "shenanigans". In this day and age science seems to take 'a back seat' to opinions that often are based on obvious lies.

LWS

Post by LWS » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:34 pm

"shenanigans" is the name of the game. We will find out on Thursday about the KOLs and their level of support. Who has been honest and who has been deceptive?