Blood

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

Blood

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:24 am

I have reviewed the recent discussion. We have much to learn from other species and as Jerry Garcia would say, “the wonders of nature”. Kmall’s posts remind us of the amazing beauty around us and how the species intertwine and the respect we should have for our fragile ecosystem. Who would know that leech spit contained a powerful anticoagulant? In my own area we learned from whales, hearts that beat only a few times a minute, from horses who get atrial fibrillation because of the size of their hearts and from mice who don’t also because of the size of their hearts. My lectures used to contain an ECG from a fly, such as it was. Ever wonder why turkeys get aortic dissections? Or how what kind of blood pressure was required to get that blood column to the head of a giraffe? The hauntingly vivid blue blood of the horseshoe crab is blood nonetheless albeit from a very distant relative indeed and the lives of these creatures should not be endangered especially when the alternatives exist. An examination of how the FDA does business is welcome on this board. LWS your comments regarding blood shed by violence is just too far afield for this discussion board. I am not saying your comments are not valid, only that they don’t belong here. Out of respect for your interest and contributions to this board I will allow you to remove the extraneous comment yourself or after three days, I will. I will remind you to please avoid undue repetition. Please confine your comments to the matter at hand, there will be plenty to post about all within the next 21 days or so. bp

bucbeard

Re: Blood

Post by bucbeard » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:51 pm

thank you bp!

LWS

Post by LWS » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:06 pm

bp --- Later today, I will go back and modify the post that contains "comments regarding blood shed by violence ", as you suggest. As far as Imetelstat goes, so goes ODAC and the KOLs that they will bring into this discussion. March 14th is only 3 weeks away, and I believe there will be some comments on Feb. 28. We will get a close look at ODAC functioning and how they interact will the full FDA. -- Thank you

Note: Not all animals have red blood. In fact, the blood in animals can have other colors like blue, green, yellow, purple, and even white. These colors are caused by different proteins and pigments found in the blood. They all serve different purposes like enabling the animal to survive in seawater below freezing point at the South Pole.
===================
An examination of how the FDA does business is welcome on this board. LWS your comments regarding blood shed by violence is just too far afield for this discussion board. I am not saying your comments are not valid, only that they don’t belong here. ---from bp

KTArsenal

Post by KTArsenal » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:20 pm

Come for the imetelchat, stay for the Antarctic marine biology lesson.