THANK YOU IMETELCHAT BOARD !!!!!

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
kmall

THANK YOU IMETELCHAT BOARD !!!!!

Post by kmall » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:38 pm

As of this morning 75 "signatures" have been added to the Horseshoe crab petition to stop the use of Horseshoe crab blood - called Limulus amebocyte lysate (LAL) - with a readily available synthetic version already approved by the EMA - named recombinant Factor C (rFC) - for the FDA to stop using the endangered Horseshoe crabs blood for the Pharmaceutical Industry.

When I came across this petition there were 953 signatures on Wednesday.....mine took it to 954.....and yesterday it cracked 1,000 and currently sits at 1,029.....not bad for 3 days considering this petition started in July 2020.

Anyone who has taken the time to do so should be proud that we have the possibility of becoming a factor in ceasing this barbaric practice once and for all.

Let's get this past 1,500 IMETELCHAT BOARD..... please share with family and friends....we need to be progressive in protecting what is ours....our planet.

Job well done.....but we're just getting started.

What do you say Chip? -Kmall

https://www.change.org/p/people-for-the ... l-industry
Last edited by kmall on Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmall

Re: THANK YOU IMETELCHAT BOARD !!!!!

Post by kmall » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:05 pm

Almost forgot..... Honorable mention to several members of the YMB who are frequent readers here - Frogg and Kevin (not I-Chat member KTArsenal - Kevin), and any others there who feel this topic is worthy of our consideration. Thank you! -Kmall

kmall

Post by kmall » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:38 am

115 added signatures since Wednesday and an in-depth article which sheds a little more light on who is benefitting from the decimation of horseshoe crabs. -Kmall

https://www.greenqueen.com.hk/horseshoe ... -used-for/
Last edited by kmall on Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pursang

Post by pursang » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:05 am

kmall, thanks for shining some light on this untenable situation ! I signed and donated today.

kmall

Post by kmall » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:17 pm

Persang - Thanks to you and possibly another 100+ readers of Imetelchat, the petition drive posted here has added 120 signatures since Wednesday!! Thank you to all who have taken the opportunity to do so.

I fully understand that Imetelchat's focus isn't necessarily the horseshoe crab. And quite frankly I didn't think I would get behind such a cause.... although I did save one once at City Island that was entangled in fishing line and perilously stranded on a rocky embankment....it wouldn't have made it.

The correlation that I recognized in it's story and fight for survival was the FDA. Imetelstat is a life saving drug and has been derailed on several occasions by the FDA over the course of its development, while other drugs far inferior have been approved. Here we and patients sit, an additional 10 months for standard review, when priority should have been a given. What was the point of Fast Track Designation and Orphan Drug Status???.....it sure doesn't seem on the "fast track" to me. While we wait, more than 3 people die everyday right here in the good old USA from MDS. That's not to say that all of these patients would have been saved by Imetelstat, but most likely a good portion would have benefited. EAP has been a step in the right direction, but it's still not approval.

The horseshoe crab is a perfect example of the power of beuracrocy and how it has a tidal wave of effects from those in power who have the ability to make these decisions. The Red Knot shorebird, whose existence is tied to the horseshoe crab has seen it's population dwindle 94% from the 1990's. That's not only downright depressing, it's disgraceful. Here is an animal who flies 19,000 miles annually from South America to the Artic. It needs and depends on the horseshoe crab for it's substance during this migration.

I want to thank Bp for allowing this topic to present itself here. As humans we all have a duty to be stewards of this planet for everyone, every creature, every tree.....it is such a unique and beautiful Garden of Eden.....when my time comes, I'd like to know that perhaps the small things that all of us common folk can do, actually do make a difference. -Kmall
Last edited by kmall on Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LWS

Post by LWS » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:41 pm

The FDA in Focus

Kmall- The "correlation" with the FDA, one way or the other, has been discussed on this board for a long time. There has been much speculation about why Imetelstat has been "derailed" and not granted "priority review". Some have suggested "shenanigans", while others have suggested "Big Pharma interference". On the positive side, EAP is in place and ODAC meets on March 14th with Geron, Imetelstat, and KOLs in the spotlight. It looks like that we are finally about ready to cross the finish-line in 1st place and in very good shape going forward in all forms of blood cancers and beyond.

========================

From Kmall
– The correlation that I recognized in it's story and fight for survival was the FDA. Imetelstat is a life saving drug and has been derailed on several occasions by the FDA over the course of its development, while other drugs far inferior have been approved. Here we and patients sit, an additional 10 months for standard review, when priority should have been a given. What was the point of Fast Track Designation and Orphan Drug Status???.....it sure doesn't seem on the "fast track" to me. While we wait, more than 3 people die everyday right here in the good old USA from MDS. That's not to say that all of these patients would have been saved by Imetelstat, but most likely a good portion would have benefited. EAP has been a step in the right direction, but it's still not approval.

kmall

Post by kmall » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:09 pm

LWS - you sign the petition yet? -Kmall

LWS

Post by LWS » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:22 pm

I signed the petition.

Kmall -- In both cases, the FDA is in focus. We all agree that the FDA delays are unwarranted and unnecessary (both horseshoe crabs & blood cancers). I believe that the KOLs will be overwhelmingly positive (March 14th) supporting Imetelstat, and the FDA will follow ODAC's recommendations.

kmall

Post by kmall » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:41 pm

LWS and all others who have taken the time to sign this petition.....THANK YOU!!!!

125 signatures added since Wednesday.....not too shabby. -Kmall

pursang

Post by pursang » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:37 pm

And thank you to BP for allowing us to wander off into this important little tangent !

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:09 am

👍

kmall

Post by kmall » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:13 pm

143 signatures added to the petition in the last week..... pretty impressive, considering this was started in July 2020.....but we can do better.

This should be in the tens of thousands, if not millions......we're talking about SEVERAL species teetering on the verge of extinction, particularly due to the asinine inactions of the FDA to approve a synthetic alternative, that is not only cheaper to manufacturer, has been around for decades, but it's just as effective.

For any of those readers who give half a hoot about this planet and how we plan on leaving it to future generations.....I implore you to please take a minute out of your day and sign. If you've read this far, then it takes less time than you've spent here already. Even for those of you who don't live near a beach, or live overseas away from the US where this is an issue, this is so important. We as humans have an obligation and duty to protect what can't protect themselves. Look, I know there's a lot of causes out there, and this world is upside down and backwards right now, but there are certain things that are just plain wrong.

My wife and I contribute every month, month in, and month out to the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Africa for over a decade now. I've never had the experience of seeing a wild elephant. I've seen plenty in zoos, but this organization is special. It is important for us to do that, once we looked into how they protect and guard the funding that supports not only the elephants and rhinos orphaned by poachers, but supports the community and helps to change the mindset of the people there that this is a precious commodity they have been given, to care for and nurture. Which they now do. Some of the stories are heart wrenching.

https://www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org/

No one needs to donate for the horseshoe crabs. Just sign and send a message to the FDA to stop this barbaric and needless practice once and for all.

I'm off my soapbox now.....back to more important topics, like how many options/shares management gets or which Index and hedge funds are accumulating. -Kmall

https://www.change.org/p/people-for-the ... l-industry
Last edited by kmall on Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bridge to Sell

Post by Bridge to Sell » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:36 pm

My wife and I have been patrons of the Sheldrick Trust for many years and she has even visited. The story of what they do there is an example of what the very best of humanity can accomplish. Unfortunately in many cases they are trying to undue that which is the very worst of humanity.

LWS

Post by LWS » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:33 pm

This is another off-subject post. I doubt if anyone on this board would disagree with the fright, bewilderment and the challenge to the USA. "United we stand, divided we fall".

Blood is important to all species. This board is especially interested in human blood transfusions, at this point in time. This board was designed to focus on blood cancers, Imetelstat and related subjects (ODAC & FDA, potential partners, future use, new formulations). No matter what we discuss, politics will be involved at some level. The future of the FDA and who controls it now and after Nov. 2024 are open questions, and very political.
Last edited by LWS on Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pursang

Post by pursang » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:04 pm

Lots of sites to see regarding politics, religion too.
I hope that doesn't come here, always and forever a huge can of worms.

kmall

Post by kmall » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:06 pm

LWS - I don't think politics belong on this forum.

The ONLY reason that I even posted on the plight of the horseshoe crab was that it was tied to the beaurocratic policies of the FDA. Because of this it faces extinction.

The FDA is a topical discussion here as it effects the outcome of Imetelstat's fate here in the US.

The only reason I tied an additional foundation into the previous post was to provide an example of something that does not directly effect me, but I strongly believe in. I was reaching out to others who have maybe never seen a horseshoe crab or know anything about it. Please don't confuse what I posted here.

I would suggest leaving politics off of this forum and take that to a more appropriate outlet.

And Bridge, nice to see we have a bit of commonality after all. -Kmall

LWS

Post by LWS » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:15 pm

Kmall --- I totally agree with you. I thought about this for a longtime, and decided that we have such problems, because the 'good-guys' tend to be very quiet. Everything worthwhile for humanity is on the line. After-the -fact is too late.

kmall

Post by kmall » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:45 pm

LWS - I'm sorry, but this isn't the forum for politics. Period.

What I posted was directly tied to the inactions of the FDA.

That is a topic of discussion here.

You need to take your views to a more appropriate outlet. While I can respect anyone's thought process or decision, it doesn't mean that I necessarily agree or disagree. I won't post my political views here, it's inappropriate.

Imetelchat is for Imetelstat and Geron. The FDA, other biotechs, Big Pharma, medical and scientific advancements all fall under that umbrella. While my topic may skirt the fringes in some folks opinions here, it is affected by the FDA.

I would suggest you requesting Bp personally to have your post in this thread removed. It's not my call, he's the moderator, but it is not something I would want to read here if I was a patient or caregiver of someone with a Hematological disorder seeking pertinent answers and topics which may benefit them. Pushing the FDA to do the right thing is the point I was presenting. Please try and stay in-bounds in the future. -Kmall
Last edited by kmall on Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LWS

Post by LWS » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:23 pm

Kmall-- The subject here is blood (blood cancers, horseshoe crab blood, blood of our allies). All are important. The FDA is also of great importance and needs to be allowed to operate based upon the successful trials and patients' needs. We are talking about humanity, and a functional FDA in a democracy.

I do not believe what I have posted is political and had to be said. The post is about current events to date, with the outcomes uncertain. I will return my focus to Imetelstat, ODAC and March 14th.

==================================
Imetelchat is for Imetelstat and Geron. The FDA, other biotechs, Big Pharma, medical and scientific advancements all fall under that umbrella. While my topic may skirt the fringes in some folks opinions here, it is affected by the FDA. --- from Kmall

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:32 pm

I am traveling and will give this thread the scrutiny it deserves when I can