A few thoughts for the end of the old year and the beginning of the new

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

A few thoughts for the end of the old year and the beginning of the new

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:19 pm

2024 should be quite the year for us. Despite recent poorly researched hit articles (be careful where you get your advice, especially here!), 2024 should reveal new AML data, a window into the oral agent development and of course FDA approval. A few recent comments from the experts bear emphasis. I won’t reference them (with apologies to Dr. Gay), since they have all been discussed in previous threads and board readers know who they belong to. They are certainly not mine. Anyway, close readers of course have picked up on the dropping of “potential” and the acceptance of “disease modification” language. This was extended recently by one round table expert to anticipate a real translation to life extension and less transformation to AML in LR MDS. This same round table looked into the future to see Imetelstat and its offspring (still a gleam is Scarlett’s eye, I suppose) that will be used very early in the course of diseases like MDS to wipe our a malignant clone before it gets established. This would represent not just first line therapy but “pre first line” (now that would be something finally close to a cure.) We can anticipate a better understanding of the ferroptosis pathway and the role of Imetelstat in susceptible cancers, alone and in combination. That’s just a few of the thoughts that have been coming our way. We will also see tangible analysis of a substantial reduction in cost to the “system” wrought by Imetelstat and similar agents as transfusions are reduced or eliminated and remissions are prolonged. I have always liked optimistic New Year’s predictions so mine is that full approval for LR MDS comes right after ADCOM in April. Another is that Dr. Scarlett will be lauded for steering the ship of Geron between the Scylla of Janssen and the Charybdis of the FDA to safe harbor. My best wishes for a prosperous, healthy, happy New Year to all. As you know I have always kept this board apolitical but I think we can all agree and pray: BRING THEM HOME. bp

LWS

Re: A few thoughts for the end of the old year and the beginning of the new

Post by LWS » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:04 pm

I have always liked optimistic New Year’s predictions so mine is that full approval for LR MDS comes right after ADCOM in April. Another is that Dr. Scarlett will be lauded for steering the ship of Geron between the Scylla of Janssen and the Charybdis of the FDA to safe harbor. My best wishes for a prosperous, healthy, happy New Year to all. As you know I have always kept this board apolitical but I think we can all agree and pray: BRING THEM HOME. bp
===========================================
I share your thoughts for 2024. Imetelstat appears to be 'real' based upon trails, conferences, publications, KOLs, uniqueness, and immediate need. Thanks for all of the information.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:34 pm

All good thoughts.

My guess is the vast majority of individuals on this board are gassed, but the announcements in Q1 and definitely Q2 should catalyze a reinvigorated group.

I still think the standard review, really the only “bad” news of the year for the drug, is to review what is a new class of drug.

2024 will bring the, long awaited to put it lightly, marketing authorizations that Geron has been marathoning towards for all this time.

mistergern

Post by mistergern » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:41 pm

Thanks, BP for your comforting, optimistic, informative perspective. Hopefully, 2024 will herald the beginning of a long upside trend for Geron as well as Geron shareholders. Just ran across this article - sort of interesting that Imetelstat made the top 5.

https://www.ajmc.com/view/top-5-most-re ... es-of-2023

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:45 pm

MG, nice! Thanks for sharing and best wishes for the New Year.

KTArsenal

Post by KTArsenal » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:33 am

Geron is tracking to have a wonderful 2024, and man, is it about time.

I've been an investor since '19. Almost 5yrs have come and gone and it doesn't seems like that amount of time has passed since I was a newbie investor.

I don't mind hanging around a bit longer, even if that means that I'll lose gains from my average PPS. It's got a long way to go before I start to feel that type of pain. I began to build a position pre-Covid because I believed in the science, and I still do, but moreso now than in 2019.

FDA seems to be lukewarm to imetelstat, yet the FDA consistently rubber stamps drugs and "therapies" that cause SEVERE addiction, severe side effects, and disease on top of the disease these drugs were meant to treat in the first place.

BP hopes for an April nod from the FDA after ADCOM. I don't know why anyone wouldn't think that they'd wait til 11:59pm on June 15th to make a decision. When people show you who they are, you should believe them.

Happy New Year 🎊 and cheers to be in a position to finally find out either way.

And in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love
you make.