Nov 2nd earning call

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

Nov 2nd earning call

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:40 pm

Nov 2nd:earnings call
Nov 2nd: ASH abstract release

Ryan

Re: Nov 2nd earning call

Post by Ryan » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:32 pm

Earnings call - 9AM EST
Abstracts released online - 9AM EST :idea:

kmall

Post by kmall » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:50 am

Wish this was something I could be excited about. After last years double mallet over the head, I simply don't trust this management one iota. Sad as an investor of 11 years and a true believer in the science to be feeling this way. -Kmall

mistergern

Post by mistergern » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:09 am

Ditto

jingledsassy

Post by jingledsassy » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:12 am

for what its worth haven't all earning calls been after the market closes before.......

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:50 am

I doubt there are many who are excited at this point. More like road weary, but, alive.

My guess is the conference call will be better than a swift kick in the teeth, but i suppose that is a pretty low bar :lol:
kmall wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:50 am
Wish this was something I could be excited about. After last years double mallet over the head, I simply don't trust this management one iota. Sad as an investor of 11 years and a true believer in the science to be feeling this way. -Kmall

kmall

Post by kmall » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:41 pm

Jingle - Nope.....last years Q3 CC was at 9am Nov 3, 2022

https://ir.geron.com/investors/press-re ... fault.aspx

If you recall, that's where management, specifically Bloom, told investors that they had PLENTY of $$$ to go until the end of 2024......we all know what happened 2 short months later, the same day TLR was revealed for P3 IMerge - another massive round of DILUTION. Many investors here had been waiting YEARS for those results. Myself included. It was kind of like the Easter Bunny leaving you a basket covered in poo. In reality, that would be a better scenario, since you could simply wash everything off and you'd at least have something to show for it. Instead we've gotten a 50% haircut since, and with all of those FDA "meetings" these past 4+ years going in our favor as well..... apologies for the sarcasm.

But never fear, through it all our CEO, who has investors "best interest" in mind - he's actually said that on several occasions - has managed to award himself a $330,000 pay raise this year, on top of the $1,200,000 he was already making - for a grand total of $1.53M. Wasn't that awfully generous of him? Not to mention adding another 500,000 shares to his stockpile for filing the MA with the EMA this past month. So in other words, don't hold your breath for anything from this CEO any longer. He used to talk a good game, but even that is stale and has withered on the vine quite some time ago. -Kmall

LWS

Post by LWS » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:21 pm

From Kmall -- But never fear, through it all our CEO, who has investors "best interest" in mind - he's actually said that on several occasions -
=================================================================
Imetelstat seems to be in very good shape ("compelling, remarkable, durable, unique, needed now") with the Oncology ADCOM hearings to be scheduled.

John Scarlett is still a man to be defined:

1/visionary or fraud?
2/ investors interest?
3/ self interest?
4/ brilliant (Imetelstat is bigger than all of us)?
5/ to be believed?
6/ a reasonable combination?

Zhears

Post by Zhears » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:52 pm

JS has proved time and again the focus is to get the drug over the line. Which really is the only way to make this profitable in the end for shareholders.
It has taken years more than any of us would have imagined but that is only really a problem for emotional retail investors. it has hurt quite a lot, but then again what was the alternative? losing everything?

We are coming up to another of those events and while the science is positive we are looking at another dilution (probably) JS likes to have money in the bank rather than be desperate when negotiating. Hence the lack of enthusiasm for the next earnings call.

The adcom list that was posted recently didn't really give a clear indication of timelines. It could be Jan or feb before the next one and Geron is on the agenda, which would feed into the June timeline we currently have. I hope to be wrong but doubt it.

This leads us into the period of uncertainty we have now. Gern needs a buyout now, otherwise, it will be several rounds of dilution before things are stabilized. A substantial Salesforce needs to be hired and working. Early access, while wonderful for the people involved, won't move the bottom line. It will strengthen the case for sure, but not the $

So the silver lining at the moment is, surely this is the prime time of weakness for a buyout.

LWS

Post by LWS » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:10 pm

JS, ADCOM, and the Finish Line
From Zhears --- JS has proved time and again the focus is to get the drug over the line. Which really is the only way to make this profitable in the end for shareholders.

It has taken years more than any of us would have imagined but that is only really a problem for emotional retail investors. it has hurt quite a lot, but then again what was the alternative? losing everything?
=================================
JS is certainly a controversial figure. I tend to agree with you --- that JS's principal objective " is to get the drug over the line". The next critical event is the scheduling of the Oncology ADCOM for the Imetelstat hearings, with ASH2023 (December 9-12, 2023) likely before that hearing. Generally (almost always), the FDA takes the recommendation of the ADCOM.

Also, some potential partners (especially JNJ) know about Imetestat down to the smallest detail. If Geron needs funds to get over the finish-line, JNJ (and others) have very deep pockets.