Dr. Faye Feller Speaks

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
bucbeard

Dr. Faye Feller Speaks

Post by bucbeard » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:50 am

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/finding- ... ticle_view

"This led me to move into clinical research with Janssen, where I had the opportunity to work on a collaboration with Geron on Phase 2 trials of an investigational telomerase inhibitor for myelofibrosis and myelodysplastic syndromes. When portfolio considerations brought Janssen’s partnership with Geron to a close more than 4 years ago, I wasn’t ready give up on the promise of this innovative approach to cancer treatment. I joined Geron’s clinical development team – following the product candidate from Janssen to Geron because I believed telomerase inhibition had profound potential to help these patients and had already seen it during our clinical trials."

biopearl123

Re: Dr. Faye Feller Speaks

Post by biopearl123 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:56 am

Thanks for posting this bucbeard, I still haven’t figured out what a portfolio consideration is. If J and J wanted it, they would have ponied up.

KTArsenal

Post by KTArsenal » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:24 am

"Portfolio considerations" is legalese for "we're spending our money elsewhere" or, "no soup for you."

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:06 pm

J and J is definitely a master of their own domain.

LWS

Post by LWS » Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:49 pm

Luspatercept vs. Imetelstat

As far as I can tell, Imetelstat is the superior medicine compared to BMY's now approved medicine. The FDA is mandated to consider patients' unmet needs as their top priority. Luspatercept may be 'queen for a day'.

========================
Excerpt from Dr. Feller:
Frequent blood transfusions can cause allergic reactions or a buildup of iron in the body, which can damage the liver, heart, or pancreas. Today’s approved therapies for anemia due to lower risk MDS are not broadly approved across patient subgroups and do not offer sufficient durable long-term relief from the reliance on blood transfusions, or transfusion independence.

“Independence” is another word that is deeply meaningful to people living with lower risk MDS. For them, transfusion independence means so much more than just an open spot on a calendar. It means greater independence in all aspects of life – being able to go to work, to spend time with loved ones, and to truly be present with family and friends. Seeing patients losing their independence was a sad reality I observed first-hand when I was in clinical practice at one of the world’s leading cancer centers. It fueled my conviction that we need to find better therapeutics for patients with blood cancers who had been receiving essentially the same treatments for the past 20 years.

Gwikley

Post by Gwikley » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:12 pm

In discussions over how much market share Imet could garner, there is never a mention, ( or I have failed to find one), of cost to either the patient directly, or the insurance companies.
Any take on what Geron will be asking for, per dosage?

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:57 pm

Gwikley, I don’t have that answer but Dr. S mentioned in the past that a good yard stick would be a value similar to the reimbursement for Luspatercept. That should be in the public domain.