Within these pages…

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

Within these pages…

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:02 am

Over the years within these pages many points have been made that are only now being more widely recognized as correct, important, on target and well, you get the idea:

1. Imetelstat strikes at the root of an an incurable disease, while it doesn’t cure it, it is the best thing around compared to any existing or in development approach including CAR-t. We analyzed why that would be.

2. The toll of transfusion both in iron overload complications as well as the patient horror show that accompanies high transfusion requirements has been discussed in detail.

3. The high likelihood of improving symptoms and prolonging life as well as preventing transformation to higher risk, and AML disease, discussed in detail.

4. Imetelstat does not fry the bone marrow, discussed in detail.

5.J and J make beeeg mistake discussed in detail.

6. The market is very large (thank you kmall), with great, well reasoned, and what will ultimately prove to be correct trenchant analysis by kmall.

7, A close look at Geron’s hiring (again ibid kmall)

8. A good analysis of Geron’s IP by Bridge and HI along with excellent market analysis.

9. Reasons to stay the course and guidance that led to a much deeper understanding of the MOA and competition as well as the timeline for FDA by CKTC. (Where are you by the way).

10. Ongoing running summaries by LWS

11. Cheerleading and mutual support by Ryan, jay, hunt, jingle, gwickly, Zhers, rccola, mistergeron, with great questions and points.

12. Hope for karaglogozu,

13. Interpretations of hard to understand studies into lay language by many.

14. The occasional patient that shared their lives with us.

15. Insight into the world of biotech and site support provided by Ashah,

16. Fish Jr. Wears the mantle. Irish trader we hope you are still with us. MTB hope you are still around.

17. Music and poetry commentary by Kmall and KT.

18. Please fill in those I have not mentioned.

19. Thank you all for the voluntary monetary support provided to Fish when he needed it.

20. Kudos to Obi Wan Scarlett.

Well basically all the stuff that the analysts, docs, nurses, marketers, sales folks patient advocacy groups will be talking about going forward. Please add the names of those I failed to mention. Many will just be discovering what has been within these pages for years. That’s why it’s there.

KTArsenal

Re: Within these pages…

Post by KTArsenal » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:01 am

Thank you so much for even mentioning me.

I've learned so much from kmall and biopearl that I couldn't have possibly have learned on my own without the assist (always a really good pass in the paint) from the both of you. I get it. It ain't over until Whole Lotta Rosie sings, but I do like our odds. Those odds will increase exponentially if/when the FDA accepts Geron's NDA without attached asterisks.

In September of '19, pre-Covid, I gained some hard-earned positive cash flow from playing it safe in the market. Four years of basically investing in mutual funds through my 401(k) and company stock options at a steep discount. I then found myself decently in the green to seek other investment options when the small company I worked for (and still do) was bought out by a major manufacturing conglomerate and is now no longer a small company.

I'm hopeful that the underdogs sometimes win, and they sometimes do win. You don't have to win it all. Just WIN.

The 1993 Phillies come to mind. They were picked to finish last in the NL East that year but they made it to the playoffs to beat the Atlanta Braves (Glavine, Maddux, Smoltz) in the NLCS to advance to the World Series. Complete underdogs. Written off. Poo-pooed. An afterthought. Aging hacks. Sound familiar?

Phillies lost the WS in six games but were left at the altar from game 1 through game 162 by many so-called baseball experts. The '93 Phils had a lot of "flimsy data" I suppose. No one picked the '93 Phils to make it to the big dance, especially considering Atlanta's HOF starting pitchers. It's a lot like J&J pitching against Geron, isn't it?

Geron has made it all the way to the FDA playoffs as a complete underdog. Here's to making it to the World Series 🍺

jayfish101

Post by jayfish101 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:12 pm

Thanks for the great summary, biopearl! I'd like to reflect back also to the days of posting on Seeking Alpha articles. What a group of great people back then! We supported and fought for the truth. And now the truth is rising.

kmall

Post by kmall » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:11 pm

Bp - I think I can speak for all here who have culled knowledge and understanding on Imetelstat, Geron and Hematological Disorders in general, that you have been the heart and soul - glue that binds - on the Imetelchat board that so many of us have grown to appreciate. I for one am truly grateful for being able to have communicated with those on this forum who also have a vested interest in the future of Imetelstat with regards to patients and any possible financial investment in Geron over what for many of us has turned into a much longer road than we may have imagined it being when we started our journey.

Your ability to moderate, decipher information, and hold court here, while treating everyone's input as a valuable cog in the wheel is a unique and special gift and mark of a true leader. A heartfelt thanks to all that you have done and continue to do, for not only the Imetelchat family and Geron, but most importantly for those patients you help behind the scenes, seeking guidance in a time of their lives that hopefully many of us will never have to endure. -Kmall

mistergern

Post by mistergern » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:42 pm

Hear! Hear! - I think I see Turtle Island :D

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:14 am

Hey guys, you’re making me choke up! Thanks for these most kind words.