Who you gonna believe, Kmall or Goldman

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

Who you gonna believe, Kmall or Goldman

Post by biopearl123 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:40 pm

My money’s on Kmall. I guarantee you he has done more extensive research than anyone.

LWS

Re: Who you gonna believe, Kmall or Goldman

Post by LWS » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:22 pm

Mar. 28, 2023, 04:26 AM

Geron (GERN – Research Report) received a Hold rating and a $3.00 price target from Goldman Sachs analyst Corinne Jenkins yesterday. The company’s shares closed yesterday at $2.34.

Jenkins covers the Healthcare sector, focusing on stocks such as Roivant Sciences, Rhythm Pharmaceuticals, and Geron. According to TipRanks, Jenkins has an average return of -13.5% and a 24.14% success rate on recommended stocks.

Currently, the analyst consensus on Geron is a Strong Buy with an average price target of $5.33.
The very fact that very prestigious Goldman Sachs has a "hold rating" on Geron, which in their world is a very speculative stock without earnings or approvals, is an important endorsement.

I believe that they are saying: If you want an investment speculation with a pending NDA (for Imetelstat) and significant potential, Geron is a good choice. Take a look at it.

This is very good news and top exposure to the investment community.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:12 pm

Yes, those GS earnings estimates are quite low. They’ll be revised upwards in due course, imo.

kmall

Post by kmall » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:58 pm

Bp - For the record, I'm going with Goldman. Still cost averaging down as of now. -Kmall

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:35 pm

Kmall, old friend. You would bet against yourself??? You force me to quote the Bard:

Our doubts are traitors,
and make us lose the good we oft might win,
by fearing to attempt.

All that money for consultants. Who are those guys anyway? They are to be sure former FDA types who are now in private practice and help to make sure all FDA reservations are addressed before they can happen. May meeting is coming. Every year around this time everything looks a little bleak. (See old posts: “Off with their heads!”). To be sure management has a card up their sleeve and will play it before the May meeting like they always do. I too am buying, thank you Goldman, I bet they or at least the clients they advise are too. bp

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:31 pm

So true, every year around late April something miraculous seems to happen :mrgreen:

This year, it will seem less like a miracle… just too many good things on the (near) horizon, and foundation (financial, staff expertise) rock solid to deliver on the promise. I guess IMO.

And let’s level set the Goldman initiation…(although I hate it)… Neutral rating (doesn’t recommend selling) with a $3 price target (a lot higher than it is now, and I don’t need no Shakespeare to put that in perspective!), and the note relating to expectations for 2023, which will be quite accurate in terms of monetization slash valuation. Once the NDA is filed (“not much”, a relative use of phraseology for a professional who is in a field where 10 year progression from lab through clinic to real world is a fast execution), and the data is looked at a bit more closely (don’t need a magnifying glass to find the groundbreaking metrics) … there will be room for Goldman to upgrade, and re-calculate the revenue potential for 24 and 25, and look golden to their clients (we know they have Institutional clients in on GERN), clients (not to mention me) who are setting themselves up in the catbird seat now in ‘23 (dare I say a year to remember).

Just sayin’

PS - wish I-chat allowed for more than one emoji!

LWS

Post by LWS » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:05 pm

Bp - For the record, I'm going with Goldman. Still cost averaging down as of now. -Kmall
Goldman, like the rest of us, is anticipating an NDA acceptance and approval. Until that happens, Geron is just another speculative, small-cap stock. NDA acceptance should be sufficient for a switch to a buy rating from a hold.

LWS

Post by LWS » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:35 pm

For the most part, there seems to be a positive trend going forward for Geron and Imetelstat from the investment houses. This obviously is conditioned upon the acceptance and approval (fast-tracked) of the NDA. We all believe this will happen. We don't know when (hopefully, sooner than later).
----------------------------------------------------
News (from Merrill/ BofA)
Geron Initiated at Neutral by Goldman Sachs
March 28, 2023 Dow Jones Newswires

Geron Price Target Announced at $3.00/Share by Goldman Sachs
March 28, 2023 Dow Jones Newswires

Geron Price Target Maintained With a $6.00/Share by Wedbush
March 17, 2023 Dow Jones Newswires

Geron Price Target Maintained With a $4.00/Share by Needham
March 17, 2023 Dow Jones Newswires