Kmall’s gonna have a field day with this one

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

Kmall’s gonna have a field day with this one

Post by biopearl123 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:07 pm

https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/def ... lang=en_US

Not being part of the business world I do have to wonder if these are “invented” positions or do other companies have such numerous potentially overlapping positions. Many do seem to come (as pointedly emphasized by respected voices on this board) from the “Department of Redundancy Department” .

kmall

Re: Kmall’s gonna have a field day with this one

Post by kmall » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:13 pm

Director, Commercial Excellence........???

Never heard of that one, but I do know someone** who knows a thing or two about excellence.

**WARNING - The following link may not be appropriate for children under 21, Women of all ages, pets, any one suffering from heart disease, or 95% of the readers & contributors of Imetelchat.

You have been forewarned.

https://youtu.be/tna3B5zqHdk

Just remember.....it's been a rough week for most of us here all things considered and we do deserve a good laugh.....Ricky Bobby style! -Kmall

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:56 pm

A lot of these positions seem to have been lifted from the Janssen playbook where they exist alive and well and working for the Janssen systems currently. One wonders when Geron left whether they lifted the preplanned portfolio blueprint for a marketing team that had been worked out at Janssen and are just plugging in the slots now that market release is within sight. It could be that for simplicity and a lack of original thought that Geron is trying to put their foot into an older preexisting oversized shoe. We shall see. That might explain all of these “extra” positions. Either the foot has to grow or the shoe has to be downsized. Maybe Ashah has some additional thoughts.

kmall

Post by kmall » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:11 pm

Nice detective work Bp. I suspect that Janssen/JNJ still has their hand in the cookie jar, but then again I've been wrong many times before. Either way it certainly appears from the outside looking in big plans are currently underway whatever the circumstance. A little more wait and see won't hurt anyone I guess. -Kmall

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:30 am

Three new positions posted. (!)

kmall

Post by kmall » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:46 am

Had a chance to quickly look one position over -

Senior Director, Trade, Distribution & Hub

https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/def ... lang=en_US

Interesting that they have now added 4 salary tiers based on location. I'm assuming Washington is Washington state? (CO same as Washington)

They had advertised a position several weeks/months ago for Senior Medical Field Liason based in the Southeast as well.

California Salary Range: $220,000 to $246,000

Colorado Salary Range: $224,000 to $233,000

New York City Salary Range: $225,000 to $244,000

Washington Salary Range: $224,000 to $233,000

Things certainly are ramping up over at Geron Central. -Kmall

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:54 am

I could be totally mistaken in this but I think they are saying these are regional metrics and if hypothetically if you took a similar job in one of these other locations, here is what the salary is likely to be so the salary we are offering in NJ or California is comparable. Probably based on some COL formula etc.