To Readers of the YMB--A New Year's Greeting

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

To Readers of the YMB--A New Year's Greeting

Post by biopearl123 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:20 pm

I was going to post a message to you on your own board but of course it's not really yours and I figured most readers find their way here eventually. YMB is in a sorry state and allows repetitive messaging, spam, shameful advertising and promulgation of half truths and misinformation. It is a terrible place to find real information or have a decent discussion. I must say that Stig has been doing a masterful job in taking some of this on and sometimes I have to remind myself that he is a first year med student with his professional life ahead of him. I have little doubt that Professor Stig will be schooling us all as he continues his studies. To the Geron YMB I say to you: What you need in is a moderator! Plain and simple. Anyway I did want to post my New Year's greetings to you and try to clear up some possible misinformation on that board. For the retail investor it's just a terrible place to go for information. For starters, the impending PIII MDS study will include a secondary end point of PFS and OS but its not just about that, contrary to some postings. Yes some genetic profiles have an excellent prognosis in the very low and low risk categories. That's why they are classified that way. In this group it's about reducing or eliminating the need for their tremendous transfusion burdens and associated iron overload. That goal is looking pretty good based on data so far. We will know soon. As to valuation, it's pretty simplistic to assess the value of the company without the whole of the PIII MDS data, both primary and secondary endpoints. Its also short sighted to base the valuation of the company (for a potential buyout) without looking at life extension (yes even some low risk patients progress to AML) in all classes of MDS and AML (under study), the benefits in myelofibrosis alone and in combination (under study), the potential in other malignancies (under study) and the potential value that an oral telomerase inhibitor might bring. Any BP will have to take all that into consideration. So for those of you who hope for a romantic interlude on New Year's Eve, get a room. For the YMB I say, get a moderator and stop being a garbage dump. In the meantime I will try to keep all postings here relevant, (maybe fun, maybe serious) and reasonable. Best Wishes to everyone for a Happy and Healthy New Year and Best Wishes to Geron, staff and all Imetelstat patients and researchers. May the Force Be With You in this New Year. bp

kmall

Re: To Readers of the YMB--A New Year's Greeting

Post by kmall » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:43 pm

I used to thoroughly enjoy the videos Stig would put up on YouTube on the short action regarding GERN stock in 2018. He was still in Highschool back then if I remember correctly. Even better was when he tried extorting them for $50,000 to stop posting those videos. Priceless. Stig will always get total respect in my book. -Kmall

00pf5272

Post by 00pf5272 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:57 pm

Thanks to all for your incite. I have been in Geron since '02, O'karma days. Happy New Year. Looking forward to the TLR. FINALLY.

00pf5272

Post by 00pf5272 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:57 pm

Thanks to all for your incite. I have been in Geron since '02, O'karma days. Happy New Year. Looking forward to the TLR. FINALLY.

KTArsenal

Post by KTArsenal » Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:12 am

Interesting. Spelled "insight" incorrectly, and almost spelled Luspatercept, err umm, INCYTE. Freudian slip or a meaningless blip?

00pf5272

Post by 00pf5272 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:05 pm

A meaningless blip KT.