Excellent Review Article

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

Excellent Review Article

Post by biopearl123 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:35 am

Good perspective on Luspatercept and other potential competitors.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 22-00024-4

kmall

Re: Excellent Review Article

Post by kmall » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:47 pm

Funny how they always seem to save the best for last. Great article and rundown on MDS in general. The entire time I was reading it however, I couldn't help but ask myself, what would patient outcomes be if Imetelstat was chosen as Frontline treatment instead? -Kmall

biopearl123

Re: Excellent Review Article

Post by biopearl123 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:37 pm

Kmall, interesting observation. Many of the articles lately do seemed to have saved Imetelstat as their strong“closing argument”. But perhaps in another way use of Imetelstat will really be saving the best for last.By that I mean I don’t think we really know where in the treatment cycle Imetelstat will land. It appears to be the only agent that specifically targets the malignant clone but like all treatments to date helps with control but not cure (but we don’t know the whole story for the deep responders yet as they continue treatment), When in the course of disease treatment this “magic bullet” is released from the chamber I think is still being worked out, hence maybe saving the best for last, especially when life extension is the goal. Perhaps specific genetic profiles will dictate timeline and when Imetelstat is introduced into a patients treatment. Anxious to see the effects on higher risk MDS and AML as there could be life extension based on MOA and large cell populations with short telomeres, that remains to be proven.