P3 IMpact Clinical Trial location Universitaetsspital Zuerich - Zurich, Switzerland Suspended....

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
kmall

P3 IMpact Clinical Trial location Universitaetsspital Zuerich - Zurich, Switzerland Suspended....

Post by kmall » Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:48 pm

Browsing over the current CT and status of P3 IMpact Clinical Trial locations, I noticed that the Switzerland - Universitaetsspital Zuerich in Zurich, Switzerland is now listed as "Suspended."

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT ... 4#contacts

Last month we discovered that a "recruitment firm" - TMAC - The Medical Affairs Company, has been contracted to help facilitate recruitment goals specifically for the P3 IMerge CT and in particular for several European countries, including Switzerland. Switzerland only has one CT location listed.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1425

Last month the Universitaetsspital Zuerich CT location was listed as - Not yet recruiting.

As of now this is the only CT location listed as being suspended for P3 IMpact and the reasons for a CT location being suspended can vary, which can also be due to internal (Geron) or external (Regulatory Agency) decisions.

In no way am I trying to set off any alarm bells here since I have zero inside knowledge as to why this "suspension" would have taken place in the past month. My guess - and it's only that - is that TMAC made an assessment that this particular CT location has no effect on any current recruitment goals for P3 IMpact. Perhaps the patient population was to small in Switzerland to warrant this location? Since Geron was most likely having an issue recruiting in this particular location - once again just my guess here - it was determined to suspend it altogether. The bigger question here would be; why the need to contract TMAC in the first place at this time? I certainly have my ideas, but then again your guess is probably just as good as mine. -Kmall

biopearl123

Re: P3 IMpact Clinical Trial location Universitaetsspital Zuerich - Zurich, Switzerland Suspended....

Post by biopearl123 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:23 pm

Kmall, it could be as simple as money. Geron probably has to negotiate support for research nurses clinic time etc. with each location. Overhead is probably different from institution to institution also. Not sure but it usually comes down to money.