Hey, love ya's

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
KTArsenal

Hey, love ya's

Post by KTArsenal » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:34 pm

So, thanks for having me. I'm a writer (secondly) which automatically excludes me from being a scientist. The English language studies are basically reading and writing comprehension. Science is experimentation and testing of evidence to potentially bring a new model of fact from study. I love it, I enjoy it, but I'm not smart enough to be in that club. I'm really happy that a lot of human beings are, though. Some of my favorite people are scientists: Tyson, Sagan, Dr. Greg Graffin, and Dr. Milo Aukerman.

I bought Geron in 2019 because, honestly, I wanted to invest in the future of cancer medicine. Telomeres were mentioned to me at a bar one summer's day in 2015.

It was in Myrtle Beach, SC, and I poo-pooed it as though I was an oncologist that believed telomeres were only an unproven, theoretical structure tied to chromosomes. "Telomeres!" he charged, as I drank in disbelief. "They're tied to chromosomes!"

"Telomeres?!? Pssh," I muttered under my breath. Shots over shots, that's all he wanted to talk about.

I finally submitted and asked, "are there any companies that are fully committed to telomeres in cancer?"

"No."

Fast-forward to 2019. I found telomeres through Google, just on a whim. It mentioned Geron. I noticed that Geron was beaten down due to the discontinuation decision but also that imetelstat was fast-tracked. I was intrigued.

I watched the PPS. Languished in the low $1.20's for a long time. I began to build a position because of that conversation I had with a drunk scientist in Myrtle Beach.

I also became a patron of imetelchat.

And have read the words of some awesome writers. No shit, you have quite a talent beyond your normal jobs, if those jobs are many.

Biopearl
Kmall

Thanks for all the hard work you've done to keep imetelchat positive, relevant, and fact-based.

If TLR comes in positive or negative, you both did the work that's worth some inducement grants from Geron for the both of ya's. No shit.

But if not...

"Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here...with a big ribbon on his head! And I want to look him straight in the eye, and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?"

KTArsenal

Re: Hey, love ya's

Post by KTArsenal » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:52 pm

If don't get this bonus, I'm in it up to here.

But if I do, my son and I will be able to live our musical dreams together, and MDS patients will be able to live longer than they expected; sans monthly transfusions.

The tradeoff seems fair.

Love ya's.

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:11 am

Thanks KT! I get to end the year with a laugh. Hope we can start the New Year with one too! Best wishes to you, your guitar and your son. bp

KTArsenal

Post by KTArsenal » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:06 am

Wow, thank you.

My son turns 21 and I'm off to Philly to celebrate with him in about 30 days. Gonna be a blast.

Man, I knew it. You guys are the real deal.

Thanks again (as I weep for even the mention).

So, so cool! So cool, so cool. Thank you.

Happy New Year's to you and yours. If PII and PIII match, let's toast together even if it's online and farkakte.
Love ya. L'chaim