Does anyone think this is a typo?

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

Does anyone think this is a typo?

Post by biopearl123 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:44 am

“ This leader will manage the data lifecycle from strategy, acquisition, management, and governance in addition to identifying, driving prioritizing, and monitoring the successful development of a US Commercial Technology Ecosystem for all future Geron Hematology / Oncology portfolio products.”

doctorreal67

Re: Does anyone think this is a typo?

Post by doctorreal67 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:15 am

Does anyone have any idea of the import of the above paragraph?

bucbeard

Post by bucbeard » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:02 pm

this sure sounds like an ex-US partner, while GERN goes it alone in the US...with the intention of acquiring another company after the stock price appreciates significantly from current price due to the partnership milestones and forth-coming imetelstat approval?

total dreamland, but I've often wondered why they don't acquire/merge with a complimentary company in their space like SLS. do a 3 for 1 stock offer for them using their war-chest of non-outstanding shares (also flush with fresh partnership cash), which immediately drives up the value of the new company to compensate for the increase in outstanding shares. they both are using Cantor as a financial advisory firm, aren't they? SLS has a very modest float, so it's not like it's impossible. GERN is pedal-to-the-metal building a long-term company infrastructure, SLS is not (currently). Chip retires as CEO, stays on as Chairman, and turns the new company CEO role over to Angelos. this new company becomes an immediate threat to the existing HEM/Onc space, forcing the other BP to get serious about a buyout down the short road.

at any rate, this is interesting indeed. 2023 is looking more and more to be both busy and exciting.

kmall

Post by kmall » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:15 pm

Bucbeard - to me it sounds like a rehashing of old phrases. Didn't we hear "acquisition" back in 2019? How about ex-US Partnership? They beat that dead horse into several PR's with nothing to show for it. They even hired Lynn Bodarky to lead that charge which fell flat on its face. She sure hi-tailed it out of there.

While we're at it, it's been OVER A YEAR since Ed Koval was hired and we haven't heard even a peep from this guy. He's a company "Executive." What has he been doing this past year except for collecting a pay check and like a million or so inducement grants? How about a public presence from some of our leadership other than Dr. Scarlett, Olivia Bloom and Anil Kapur. How about Melissa A. Kelly Behrs??? What does she do all day? I think I've heard from Andrew J. Grethlein once since 2018......and I won't even get into that lawyer who should be investigated for selling a substantial amount of shares prior to the Discontinuation debacle back in 2018. If I tell you how I really feel about him every time I see his smug face on our "Leadership" panel I'll be violating the conditions of the Imetechat board. Time for our "Leaders" to put investors first instead of themselves for a change. -Kmall

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:14 pm

Worth revisiting this job description. We have seen suggestions that Geron plans to expand its product line as noted above. Not the first time. To emphasize posts made previously, is this hope just borscht or is it real. Will it join the “we are looking to acquire another company, we are planning on pursuing a European partner” etc. If it’s not true, please stop torturing us. If it is true, enough already, tell us.

rccola335

Post by rccola335 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:49 pm

they have all this talent just for imetelstat - makes sense to work other options and build the company