audentis fortuna iuvat

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

audentis fortuna iuvat

Post by biopearl123 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:58 pm

Matt Damon: down 70%

John Scarlett: up 130%

KTArsenal

Re: audentis fortuna iuvat

Post by KTArsenal » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:35 am

Matt Damon has appeared in one decent movie in his illustrious film career, and owns an Oscar for it. He, with the help of his friend, wrote the screenplay that won the Oscar.

It's a subjective opinion of course, but I am a cinephile, post-1960s, and I minored in film studies during my college experience; albeit fairly brief to most other college experiences.

Matt Damon owns one Oscar, and deservedly so. He earned it. Imagine being a nobody in Hollywood but believing so much in your talent, and your goods, your wares, that you can make it in such a cutthroat business with just a decent script acted by you and your friend to executives at Paramount and Orion and 20th Century Fox.

Then, Robin Williams wants in. Boom, your life has changed. You know it immediately. This will be your life until you retire or die; whichever comes first.

Dr. Scarlett's life isn't much different, in some ways. He's managed to bring important medicines to patients that are in need of them with the same fanfare as Hollywood, but only in the medical community.

Imetelstat is potentially Dr. Scarlett's Oscar. He helped to write the screenplay in a real cutthroat business like biotechnology.

That's why Dr. Scarlett is still with Geron.

It's Oscar season, and it's always when the best films--the best medicine for bad films--are released.

You like apples?

Thanks again for everything, BP. This site has been enlightening, informative; useful, and necessary. Cheers.