Potential Commercial Names for Imetelstat

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Bridge to Sell

Potential Commercial Names for Imetelstat

Post by Bridge to Sell » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:13 pm

According to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Geron Corp has filed the following trademarks for a commercial drug name. Seeing as Geron only has one drug in the pipeline (Imetelstat) I think that it's safe to say that these are the current contenders. I believe the newer ones are more likely to be chosen since we have more marketing personnel on board now and they probably suggested these.

There is still time for them to add more, but I believe that part of the New Drug Application requires the company to state what name they plan to market the drug under so that the FDA can review that as part of the approval process. There are strict guidelines to naming drugs and to get the NDA filed under currently proposed timelines, I think it's safe to say that one of these will end up being the drug's name. My purely personal guess? OSILVY.

MTELIQ
September 16, 2022
OSILVY
September 16, 2022
VYTELO
April 20, 2021
VOYTELO
April 20, 2021
RYTELO
April 20, 2021
IMSTEDY
April 20, 2021
TELRYZA
April 20, 2021
IMTELLIG
April 20, 2021

Bridge to Sell

Re: Potential Commercial Names for Imetelstat

Post by Bridge to Sell » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:33 pm

In addition to the U.S., the two most recent trademarks have also been filed internationally in the following countries:

COUNTRY
European Union
COUNTRY
India
COUNTRY
Norway
COUNTRY
Switzerland
COUNTRY
United Kingdom
INTENTION TO USE
YES

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:23 pm

Great post, Bridge. Thank you. We knew about some potential names but clearly new ones are under consideration. Love your post about the UK “intention to use” trademark. Re names. They are SO contrived but intentionally chosen to avoid confusion with existing drug names. A while back we had a “contest” that came up with some humorous names. Be fun to review those posts. If a name can reflect the generic name or the function of the drug so much the better and will be easier for practitioners to internalize. For this reason I like Imtellig. It incorporates Imetelstat, telomere and hints at intelligent and if they change the last letter to “Q” incorporates “IQ” reflecting intelligence as well. Any other submissions? Geron hired lots of market types but there is an army of readers here who could streamline the process! Also if it were presented as Im Tel IQ, pronounced and spelled IMTELEQ with the Q as the last stand alone syllable it does add an additional syllable but is very easy to say and remember and incorporates all the necessary information a name should. It’s my gift to Geron. :)

doctorreal67

Post by doctorreal67 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:51 am

Why don’t we call it “Imetelstat”?

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:46 am

Because we can't. If you are truly a "doctor real" you would know the FDA has strict naming requirements and Imetelstat is a generic name. But keep trying, you might come up with something great!! But we could call it "Imetelchat". :)