Reblozyl, the first erythroid maturation agent, met primary and key secondary endpoints

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
mistergern

Reblozyl, the first erythroid maturation agent, met primary and key secondary endpoints

Post by mistergern » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:08 pm

https://news.bms.com/news/details/2022/ ... fault.aspx

Hi BP,

Can you comment on the results reported in this study - thanks!
Last edited by mistergern on Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan

Re: Reblozyl, the first erythroid maturation agent, met primary and key secondary endpoints

Post by Ryan » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:50 pm

The main difference with Imerge study is Imerge is R/R (relapsed) clinical population where MEDALIST is front-line.

Of course, if the BMY drug allows the patient population to not become R/R, it would be amazing but also impact Imetelstat’s need in relapsed patients. That is doubtful.

Imetelstat should also move to (more) front-line and combo studies in MDS upon approval. The more the merrier in search of a cure in this horrible disease.

biopearl123

Re: Reblozyl, the first erythroid maturation agent, met primary and key secondary endpoints

Post by biopearl123 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:56 pm

Mr. Geron, thanks for posting the Luspatercept study. I will be interested in reviewing the study in detail. It is just in time to try to take the wind out of Geron’s sails as ASH and Jan front line approaches. Dr. S will be under some pressure to compare and contrast. First off it is great that MDS patients will clearly have some choices. Geron has always emphasized the duration of action of Imetelstat and Rebozyl failures will likely find them selves getting Imetelstat. As of the reports in 2020, Imetelstat responders had a median duration of TI 88 weeks if I remember correctly with the longest ever reported TI being 2.7 years. That was 2 years ago. I think ASH might contain some updates. Also the hemoglobin increase was about 3 gm for Imetelstat. As you know the MOA of Imetelstat is to attack the malignant clone thus holding out hope that progression to higher risk MDS and AML might be modified. So far no hard proof yet but release of progression free survival data etc might start to make its way into public domaine. Also if I remember correctly the initial Lus data looked at ringed sideroblast patients (15-20%) of lower risk patients but further studies planed to broaden this horizon. Whether the COMMAND data goes beyond MDS/RS was not mentioned in the PR you posted. I will try to get to the actual study data and see if we can flesh out how the results actually compare to Geron’s. We might have to wait for the January data release. No doubt Rebozyl works. How the side effects and overall efficacy and duration of action stack up against Imetelstat may remain to be seen. I have yet to see evidence for disease modification, the Holy Grail, with any drug besides Imetelstat.

mistergern

Post by mistergern » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:08 pm

Thanks, BP & Ryan - hopefully Scarlett will address this at the 11/3 press conference.