GERON - ASH - Booth #405

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
kmall

GERON - ASH - Booth #405

Post by kmall » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:32 pm

biopearl123

Re: GERON - ASH - Booth #405

Post by biopearl123 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:38 pm

Looks like this booth is about one eighth the size of Janssen’s. Sounds about right. bp

bucbeard

Post by bucbeard » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:19 pm

I'm cool with 1/8 the share price of JnJ. ;)

kmall

Post by kmall » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:32 pm

Any thoughts as to why Geron would feel the need to procure a booth at this year's ASH convention? If a late-breaking abstract is submitted, could it possibly be attached to the Pre-Clinical Lymphoid Malignancy study at MD Anderson? Or would/could preliminary data from the P3 IMpact (MF) CT be available at this point to warrant an abstract? Would appreciate input from anyone with more in-depth knowledge on any time frames from either of these or what we could expect? Perhaps it's just a physical presence with P3 IMerge TLR about a month away from ASH....?....we all know how strong P2 data was, as it was published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology last year, so.....perhaps Geron feels confident enough with P3 IMerge results?......they must have some inkling on what to expect given that some patients may have completed that CT and others are still in the midst of ?? -Kmall

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:50 am

Kmall, booths at these conventions are strictly a marketing tool under the guise of education. Reprints of articles and promotional materials will be likely be available as well and refrigerator magnets that say Geron. :) They can be useful in getting the word out to recruit patients for studies. Aron will probably staff it as well as regional representatives who will use it to make face to face contacts and thereby make later office visits easier. Docs can request more information to be sent to them etc. If there is new good data presented at the main meetings, it will probably be reiterated and reinforced as part of the booth. Company reps can represent the product and discuss potential advantages over competitors. To me it just means Geron is trying to raise its profile in the heme/onc community. Larger booths sometimes host “lectures” with carefully chosen presenters who are very familiar with the company’s product. And yes if there are any positive research bombshells, company representatives will be there to answer questions. Competitors will visit as will potential partners but mostly it will be there for health care personnel.

rccola335

Post by rccola335 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:51 am

companies get booths when they have something to sell

Bridge to Sell

Post by Bridge to Sell » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:51 am

Is there any reason to believe that they haven’t had a booth in previous years as well?

kmall

Post by kmall » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:26 pm

Bp - I was hoping for some free paperweights and mousepads perhaps?
Seriously, I get the physical presence of being at ASH to raise awareness of the company. Let's face it, being left at the altar by JNJ didn't exactly paint a positive picture for Imetelstat or Geron for that matter.

With that said, I've noticed an abundance of Clinical Trial positions being filled in the past few months, which considering P3 IMerge is winding down, and P3 IMpact is most likely closing in on 50% recruitment within the next few months - those two CT's combined have a greater patient count (278 + 320 = 598) than IMprove (41 patients), IMpress (46 patients) or TELOMERE** (70) - which we know now has been delayed for most likely a year or more pending IMpress data.**

These employees have been added to the Clinical Operations/Science Dept. this year alone:
* - former Janssen employee
+ - consultant/part-time

1 - Dr. Vivian Rodolf - Medical Director - 2022

2 - F Matthew Bakthasekaran - Sr Manger, Clinical Program Management - 2022

3 - Judy Ho - Sr Manager, Clinical Science - 2022

4 - Manoj Jivani - Director Clinical Operations - 2022

5 - Kate Turner - Associate Director Clinical Operations - 2022

6 - Jennifer Riggs* - Associate Director Clinical Science - 2022

7- Janet Ahern(+) - Clinical Research Consultant - 2022

On top of an abundance of "data managers" in various subcategories:

1- Sarfraz Haroon - Associate Director, Clinical Data Management - 2022

2 - Ben Thorp - Head of Clinical Data Management - 2022

3 - Rana F.* – Director, Statistical Programming - 2020

4 - Sridevi Sridhar, CCDM – Associate Director, Clinical Data Management – 2021

5 - Ying Wan* – VP, Biostatistics*** - 2019

6 - Libo Sun* – Director, Biostatistics*** - 2019

***Biostatistics still has a position that has been filled within the past few months, but not revealed at this time.......as well as a current open position for Associate Director Clinical Project Manager at Geron:
https://www.geron.com/careers/opportuni ... ct-manager

It seems that Geron could be overweighted in their Clinical Dept. given the patient population in the latest and upcoming CT's.......one would assume as P3 IMerge and P3 IMpact wind down, employees overseeing those CT's would be transitioning to the next 3: IMprove, IMpress and TELOMERE.....again, speculation on my part, I don't and never have worked in Biotech.

Main point here is, would/could there be sufficient data from the Pre-Clinical Lymphoid Malignancy studies at MD Anderson or the P3 IMpact (MF) CT to warrant a late-breaking abstract at ASH this year?

It seems like employee overkill in the Clinical Operations/Science/Project Dept. given the size of these latest CT's.....to me anyway.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the other question in this thread of Geron having a booth in the past, not to my knowledge, although I've only been a shareholder since early 2014 and not following them at ASH until 2018.

I don't believe Geron was as focused on Hematology prior to Dr. Scarlett honing in on MDS and MF as a strategical tactic for the company. -Kmall

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:12 pm

Kmall, you are right. The focus of “old Geron” was on solid tumors with the exception of MM and CLL (the low hanging fruit—ha). The hiring pattern you note certainly seems geared to more and new studies. Lymphomas yes a strong possibility, awaiting the abstracts next week but also if an oral agent is identified that will certainly lead to more studies but honestly that seems years away and the company seems locked and loaded for studies in the near term. I suppose a Phase IV study would not be out of the question and could be quite large if the FDA required it. Hard to know the future is. As to a booth, Geron certainly had a presence at previous conferences, not sure if it took the form of a booth. Bet Aron would answer that one if asked. I always thought the Janssen debacle could work in our favor but with all of the dilution it would come at a price. But I state the obvious Regards, bp