What’s the difference between Dec 10th and Jan 10th

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

What’s the difference between Dec 10th and Jan 10th

Post by biopearl123 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:47 pm

Answer: 1 month

The MDS PIII study ends officially in mid Oct. Geron says TLR on early Jan. ASH meeting starts Dec. 10th New data can be presented if Geron so chose as a late breaking abstract in Dec. Since we can be sure Geron has tracked the data closely and carefully in this study, even if blinded. TLR, e.g. 8 wk TR should easily be available soon after the Oct study conclusion (one year after last patient enrolled). Recall that median time to drug effect is only about 8 weeks. I think we should look for a “place holder” abstract submission in case Geron has data one month before promised. Other anticipated Geron submissions, long term data on patients on Imetelstat for MDS (those with >1 year HI or TI) and the early lymphoma data from MD Anderson. Could be an exciting ASH. Let’s hope. Doubt there will be anything on the oral med at ASH, too preliminary. Regards to all, keep the faith, bp.

kmall

Re: What’s the difference between Dec 10th and Jan 10th

Post by kmall » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:32 am

It wouldn't surprise me to see an abstract submitted for ASH this year concerning Lymphoid Malignancies. Dr. Rizo had vast clinical experience with Lymphoma and Myeloma while at Janssen. Since she was CMO when this Pre-Clinical study was announced, I'm fairly certain she felt confident moving forward with Imetelstat's effect targeting these indications. And remember, there are multiple that fall under this category, having the potential of treating hundreds of thousands, if not millions of patients. These two paragraphs nicely sum up Geron's reasoning for pursuing Lymphoid Malignancies in the very near future:

"Preclinical Lymphoid Hematologic Malignancy Program

Pre-clinical data suggests that multiple lymphoid malignancies have higher telomerase activity and shorter telomeres when compared to normal healthy cells. Thus, we believe a telomerase inhibition approach may find utility in this disease setting.

Based on this scientific hypothesis, we have initiated a preclinical research project to determine the potential application of imetelstat in lymphoid hematologic malignancies."

https://www.geron.com/pipeline/overview/

It should be a very interesting end of the year indeed. -Kmall

doctorreal67

Post by doctorreal67 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:33 pm

Where is Lazerus? Would appreciate his/her comments. I am a very long term holder of GERN and expect some new results in December
Although the science and the interests of patients are my main concerns, I wouldn’t mind some good news on the financial front. It’s been a long time since the paraplegic rat walked. Best of luck to all on board especially the ancients

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:40 pm

Hi doc, like Lazarus, you may have woken from a long sleep. No rats walking anymore here. They went to LCTX a long time ago. As to Laz, I think he has a distant cousin who posts here frequently. Anyway we can agree, tempus fugit.