MAIA goes public

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam

LWS

Re: MAIA goes public

Post by LWS » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:19 am

I believe they are focusing on a combination for non-small-cell lung cancer with Regeneron. I hope they succeed. Geron is focused on blood cancers and has not had a chance to think very much about solid tumor cancers. I wonder what the patent situation is.
Last edited by LWS on Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LWS

Re: MAIA goes public

Post by LWS » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:36 pm

Headquarters Regions Greater Chicago Area, Great Lakes, Midwestern US
Founded Date Apr 2, 2018
Founders Vlad Vitoc
Operating Status Active
Last Funding Type Seed
Also Known As MAIA Tech
Legal Name MAIA Biotechnology, Inc.
Phone Number 312-416-8592

MAIA Biotechnology is dedicated to developing targeted cancer therapies with novel mechanisms of action that are intended to meaningfully improve and extend the lives of patients with cancer.​Telomerase is present in 90% of human cancer cells and contributes significantly to proliferative abilities and immortality of cancer cells. It is either absent or shows low activity in normal cells. THIO(6-thio-dG) is recognized by telomerase and incorporated into telomeres. Once incorporated, it compromises telomere structure and function, leading to ‘uncapping’ of the chromosome ends resulting in rapid tumor cell death
---------------------------------------------------------
I believe MAIA has its roots connected to Geron somewhere in the past. They are taking a leap forward into solid tumor combinations, with the confidence that Imetelstat will be a success. This is very positive for the technology in general.