Job postings

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

Job postings

Post by biopearl123 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:32 am

Continues to be interesting:

https://www.geron.com/careers/opportuni ... statistics

Preclinical work stats suggest new studies maybe for oral formulation and lymphoma studies. If so we are gonna need a bigger boat. Maybe we can charter kmall’s. By the way am into my second bout of COVID in 4 weeks after Paxlovid and 4 immunizations. Stay healthy everyone. Thank you Dr Fauci and infectious disease folks. I have a feeling this would be a whole lot worse without your Herculean efforts on our behalf. And I mean that most sincerely. bp

Bridge to Sell

Re: Job postings

Post by Bridge to Sell » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:22 pm

I attended the very last in-person shareholder meeting that Geron held. There were about 8 shareholders in the room at the time, so we were all able to ask several questions directly to Dr. Scarlett. One of my questions was about an oral formulation. He explained that such a change would require Geron to go all the way back and start over at pre-clinical trials.

Essentially the FDA would treat it as an entirely new drug, which to be fair, is what it would essentially be. The jist of the rest of his answer was that Imetelstat was well tolerated and SAEs were manageable so they were committed to extending the number of indications for the current drug.

My guess is that once Imetelstat is market approved and they are running additional Phase 3s they will start to put an effort into an oral version, which will also provide them with the opportunity to extend their patent lifeline. Such a process is incredibly expensive as we have seen through the last few years of heavy dilution. I hope they wait until significant revenue starts coming in before expanding their R&D into an oral formulation. Keep in mind that the company has no laboratory facilities or staff, so expenses will be very high.