Additional thoughts…musings on the expansion of loan

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

Additional thoughts…musings on the expansion of loan

Post by biopearl123 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:06 am

Best case: Geron no longer wants or needs non US partner because the data is strong and they have now found other sources of funding. They are going to keep it all. In favor is the spate of hireing with emphasis on the UK, with personnel, physician space and gov regulation experts. This has been charted beautifully by kmall. We should know during the next quarterly meeting.

Worse case: EU partner no longer wants or needs Geron for non US partnership because of weak data.

Other options as discussed. Please feel free to add or modify. Kevin if you read this I will made a sincere effort to get you on the board but you have to help me here with an exact date and time of request and a clear way to identify you. Current bot requests since I last cleaned them out is 11,705 so don’t take this personally. Other thoughts welcome.bp

LWS

Re: Additional thoughts…musings on the expansion of loan

Post by LWS » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:20 pm

biopearl23, for your comment--Geron and JS may be playing a very sophisticated financial game. It seems to me that the right partner or partners strengthen the Imetelstat franchise. On the other hand, JS wants to show financial independence to be in the strongest negotiating position possible. If we believe that Imetelstat is 'bigger than all of us' and is also 'remarkable, compelling and unique' than Geron is both financially and medically on very strong ground and will be able to get the partners that they want, mostly on their terms.

KTArsenal

Post by KTArsenal » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:32 pm

Thanks for the add, BP.

My son and I have been following Geron since 2019 and are hopeful for the days ahead. I bring this up because he'll be 21 on the 25th of January. What a wonderful 21st birthday surprise for him if CT data are strong.

Thanks again, Kevin.

ashah

Post by ashah » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:32 pm

An hypothesis.
Why expanded Loan NOW!
we have known that the interest rates are going up soon... why not exercise the option earlier?
Could the current timing be correlated to UK Application?