Attention Geron Analysts, you are not a K-Mart shopper

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

Attention Geron Analysts, you are not a K-Mart shopper

Post by biopearl123 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:51 pm

Now that I have your attention, I happen to know that all five of you read this board. You know who your are. What a pitiful number of analysts. This company warrants more of you. But for those few who do cover Geron, time to do your job now. Here’s the deal. Imetelstat is a completely new (at least to the clinic) molecular entity. It has been shown to prolong life in hopeless situations. It has been shown to reduce and even obviate blood transfusions in very ill patients. It is on track for demonstrating remarkable new clinical data to confirm what we already know. Yet the company is under recognized for its value and Dr. Scarlett is under recognized for his bravery. So its time to do your job now. What is it that prevents Geron from receiving the status it deserves? Wait for it: Fear of competition. What is that competition? Not JAK inhibitors which have class wide concerns. Not Luspatercept by any means. The competition is from check point inhibitors (read CA-4948). Recently shown to have incredible activity against FLT3 (small percent of MDS) and splicesosome (e.g.SFB3) mutations (a large number). So we need information by the end of November as to why Imetelstat is better (I will give it to you— activity across all mutational lines and patients with multiple concomitant mutations.). But we need to hear it from you after you have the November meeting. Best Regards, Have at it. bp

rccola335

Re: Attention Geron Analysts, you are not a K-Mart shopper

Post by rccola335 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:04 am

you are dating yourself and those of us who know what a K-Mart shopper is - I get my confidence in the success of imetelstat outside of the results from the KOL's who say things like "when it is approved" "game changer" and talk how it will fit in their treatment algorithm (prominently)

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:32 pm

From a Dutch Proverb, later modified by Ben Franklin and later modified by a K Mart shopper:

“ Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.”

huntingonthebluffs

Post by huntingonthebluffs » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:37 pm

Well if they could find a way to remove the telomeres from the cancerous cells and add to the healthy ones maybe we could live longer but wiser is a crapshoot. :D

To your theme of asking the analysts to step up, you might want to start formulating your hard questions similar to the annual meeting which the analysts could ask.