What's next on the agenda?

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
scottmayhew

What's next on the agenda?

Post by scottmayhew » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:20 am

So we got through Piper, Ash, and Oppenheimer...what are the possible news events coming up in the next six months?

Also, big shout out to Fisher -- nice site -- thanks for putting it up. Hopefully you capture some of the folks from Seeking Alpha. They're very knowledgeable.

Fishermangents
Site Admin

Re: What's next on the agenda?

Post by Fishermangents » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:34 pm

In Europe we have the EHA 2016 - The 21st European Hemathology Association Congress (Copenhagen, 9 - 12 June 2016). Would be good to make an overview of events up to July 2016.

scottmayhew

Post by scottmayhew » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Hey Fisher, just a thought, but you may want to take out the lag between posting. Having to get each message approved will kill the kind of dialogue that takes place on SA and Yahoo. If you have people logging in, you control what gets posted anyway...delete after the fact if something is inappropriate and warn folks who step over the bounds. my two cents anyway.

biopearl

Post by biopearl » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:34 pm

Scott raises a good point. Where is the potential news flow for next year? The two major studies are in progress with projected completion of MF for top line data slated to be March 2017 and MDS one year later. One would think the AML study completion would be even later than the MDS due to the later start and while that might be maybe there will be time compression due to the short life expectancies. It might be hard to beat VAC1 56% 4 yr survival though, but maybe J and J has a surprise with combo therapy. The life expectancy of Dr. Lane's mice has become mysteriously undefined. So what could happen that will drive price? #1. An acquisition of a new product? that has been downplayed by Dr. S lately and if anything would drive the price (short term) down. #2. Geron being acquired? Probably not until solid phase II/III data avail. #3. European approval? A real wild card as we only seem to hear about the FDA not the EMEA so much, Fisher, you are closer to this. Could the available data be enough for say MF approval maybe on a conditional basis? #4. Combo therapy data al la Yale data. One would think with their last study that the light would be on in that lab 24/7. #5, New indication? Have always hoped that with greater understanding solid tumors could be revisited esp with combo therapy. #6. Still out: Brittany Shea study and also Pediatric consortium, the later supposed to have data in I think Feb or March of 2016. Please add to this list otherwise 2016 is going to be VERY quiet for Geron while the two big studies progress. Best wishes to all for a happy and healthy holiday season and New Year. bp

biopearl

Post by biopearl » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:36 pm

I forgot to add, I think our best bet is early termination of study(s) based on ethical grounds for efficacy and statistical superiority. bp

Fishermangents
Site Admin

Post by Fishermangents » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:45 pm

There are people who think that it will remain silent for months from now. Although we don't see any scheduled events, I am not so sure about that. JnJ and Geron are not sending out PR's on any occasion, while Dr.Scarlett seems not be over-promising. That doesn't mean that there are no dynamics under the hood. On the contrary. It seems clear that JnJ is putting great pressure on moving imet towards approval asap. We also have learned that imet works fast. That means that early readouts may come earlier than we expect. We have some other potential news, like the start of AML trial, which may include the announcement of the combo drug; we have the 2nd milestone payment and the continuation / opt-in decission. We may also face new studies pointing towards new indications. Announcement of fast track approval would also not surprise me. So I don't think that the next 6 months will pass by silently.