A window into November

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

A window into November

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:46 am

I was always operating under the impression that fibrosis was the disease in MF and if you could reverse or reduce fibrosis you could change the course of the disease. This short discussion referenced below, among other info has suggested that this is an oversimplification and fibrosis may or may not be a marker of tangible disease modification but targeting and reducing the malignant clone is what is actually important, the byproduct being fibrosis reduction. Thus far it looks like Imetelstat has distinguished itself in this regard, even though other agents may reduce fibrosis or inflammation . Hence the differentiation from other agents in “clinical use or in development”. The importance of this can not be overemphasized. I believe it will be the central theme of the November presentation. Get ready. The market has not digested any of this as far as I can tell. bp

Well, I cant get the link to copy. Will go back and get it again.

rccola335

Re: A window into November

Post by rccola335 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:13 am

There seems to be more excitement for imetelstat with the KOL’s than the market - I think the market should catch up in the next 6 months - likely with a partner announcement

huntingonthebluffs

Re: A window into November

Post by huntingonthebluffs » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:40 pm

Good information biopearl123, I think that is exactly why Geron is using the DM terminology with the idea that Imetelstat is clearly differentiated from competition available or in development! I think there is more here than meets the eye. Dr. Mascarenhas actually let some of that out of the bag so to speak in the link you provided. Also, Dr John Scarlett gave us a few similar tid bits in the 2Q2021 CC as follows:

“If you look back at it, a consistent theme that we've had for quite some time has been the exploration of the effect of imetelstat on the molecular basis of disease and in particular on the malignant stem and progenitor cells. And I think we've put together an amazing cascade of data that's really strongly supported that what's going on is that we're selectively targeting and killing malignant stem and progenitor cells in the marrow, and these are the cells and the clones that are responsible for the disease. When we see in both of our Phase 2 programs really good evidence that there is a significant and selective killing of the malignant stem and progenitor cells and ultimately the marrow repopulates with more normal cells. I think that really encourages us to look at additional indications in heme malignancies.

This is what's really needed, right? And so now that we've got both of these Phase 3 studies up running, one almost completed in terms of enrollment, I think it's the right time to look at other opportunities and of course, as Aleksandra says, we have preclinical data, non-clinical data, some of which is public, some of which is not yet public, that really encouraged us. So, stay tuned for November, I think. We're excited to tell you about some of this.”

So as you say, “get ready” for November to gain more clarity around the DM claims. This combined with the de novo drug development activities should cause a media stir along with increased market awareness of what Geron is doing in this space!