JCO editorial

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

JCO editorial

Post by biopearl123 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:45 pm

biopearl123

Re: JCO editorial

Post by biopearl123 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:06 pm

Note two things (at least), Imetelstat before Lus and current treatments do not affect longevity. bp

rccola335

Post by rccola335 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:21 am

this is huge - there was the Video with Seerkes and Steensma and they spoke about how they planned to use Imetelstat when it was approved - think that was last year
just need to have the results from phase 2 reproduced - how nice would it be if they came in a little better

huntingonthebluffs

Post by huntingonthebluffs » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:12 pm

Thank you biopearl123 for posting the link to this MDS article. I found it covering the scope and depth of the disease in an enlightening way. For me, it provided perspective on the treatment paradigms for both low and high risk MDS and attempts to tie the various MDS therapeutic options together in a treatment sequence over the course of the disease. I do think combinations will add measurably to the perspectives presented but we need to get through Imetelstat approval for a better picture on those possibilities.

Btw, I think Dr. Mikkael Sekeres was saying Imetelstat before Lus for the most part but there was also an "or the opposite" depending on… I also found several of the side bar links of great interest and will likely keep me spinning for a while! Thanks again.