Curis CEO:

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

Curis CEO:

Post by biopearl123 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:51 am

“ . We hope that CA-4948, with its unique mechanism of action and demonstrated disease-modifying capability, will prove an important addition to the combination therapy toolset in the battle against AML and MDS.” This drug is in development.

Geron paraphrasing “Imetelstat is unique in its ability to potentially modify disease”. This includes drugs in clinical use or in development. “

Let us hope Dr, Scarlett and Dr. Rizo will clarify during upcoming call.

huntingonthebluffs

Re: Curis CEO:

Post by huntingonthebluffs » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:54 pm

Listening to the CRIS earnings call highlights several differences between CRIS / Geron management and the drugs and their targets. Given the current state of their studies with Geron considerably ahead in my opinion, comparing DM statements might be a fool’s game. CRIS CEO Jim Dentzer is very marketing oriented and aggressively searching for the fastest regulatory approval path with a shotgun approach to studies that they hope will provide data to help press the regulatory body(s) for a “faster path” to approval. This style is distinctly different from the confident methodical approach currently being followed by Geron. I guess both have their pluses and minuses but are definitely in different lanes.

The CRIS specifics on disease modification seem fuzzy to me and not nearly as clearly defined as with Imetelstat. However, they do seem to be confident of their drugs MOA, again being promoted as many things and mostly with forward-looking statements versus Geron’s strong phase 2 data. So, given the differences in style and approach to promoting their drugs and studies I’m not sure asking Dr. Scarlett or Dr. Rizo to comment/compare terminology regarding DM will get a hearing in the court of an earnings call. Hopefully JS/AR will at least repeat the Imetelstat claims and to your point biopearl123, it would be a huge plus if they clarified. Either way, regardless of the fine job of promoting CRIS studies and plans, they like Geron are in a data desert. However, the CRIS data desert appears, at least to me, to be far less pointed and considerably behind Geron in terms of results and clarity and maturity of safety and efficacy. Of course, that could change for CRIS by the middle of 2022 but we will need to wait and by then, much could have changed for Geron as well.