6/18/2021

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Ryan

6/18/2021

Post by Ryan » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:14 pm

Seems as today is the day Geron has become a more well-known name in the investing world.

Yes, the Journal of Clinical Oncology is prestigious - however this is the 2nd published article in the past year.

As Kurt Vonnegut said, "so it goes". Cheers all, I think even better days are to come.

rccola335

Re: 6/18/2021

Post by rccola335 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:15 pm

This volume doesn’t make sense - my guess is something else to be announced - maybe a partner and this news release is the cover story for mass buying - with the volume as large as it is they must be selling shares to fund something - AML?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:39 pm

Agree, the share volume was truly mind-boggling. Ended with 340,000,000+ shares traded. The avg per day volume was around 2,000,000 the past couple months.

I have no idea why this many shares changed hands, but I would venture to guess it was much more a function of market activity (quadruple witching - there were a ton of options in play) more so than trial activity or business development activity.

The trials are marching forward at a predictable pace, and expectations remain late 2022 for MDS and 2024 for MF, for obvious reasons. And Imetelstat is indeed proving out as a safe efficacious drug, with a novel MoA and with the ability to effect specific molecular signatures, as articulated by yesterday's publication.

And so I guess that was the point of my original post - what has changed as of yesterday is the awareness from a market standpoint. We'll see what it brings... but there is very little (or nothing really) in the current ether to be a cause of hammering the stock price, "flimsy data" accusation is, or should, be a thing of the distant past at this point.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:38 pm

Roller Coaster ride continues... but my main thesis of this thread persists - Geron and Imetelstat are in the mainstream consciousness now.

Imetelstat remains safe & effective, and now each of the trials have been published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology, highlighting the *breakthrough* Phase II results observed in *both* indications and the Phase III trial designs articulated.

My hope is that this huge interest and activity (should be ~100 Milliion traded by the end of the day) will drive the industry leaders in global BP to get off their duffs and get rolling on combo trials. Dr. Scarlett now has an active equity while Dr. Rizo shepherds the current trials, each of which could / should lead to a first in class drug therapy in their indications... and that has not changed one iota from Thursday to today, just more people know it.