In conclusion dear board members and visitors:

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

In conclusion dear board members and visitors:

Post by biopearl123 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:57 pm

Here is my letter to Fish Jr. Special thanks to CKTC who helped me understand that it was time.

Hi XXXXX, I have given this a lot of thought. It appears that given the delays afforded by a combination of events that include the drama of COVID and the delay imposed by the discontinuation decision by Janssen, there will not really be much new data to discuss until the PIII top line data from the MDS study is available some 15 months following the enrollment of the last patient which has yet to occur. Unless Geron plans to evaluate an additional indication or unless some business related event, such as a partner or buy out occurs, I think there will be little to discuss as we wait for top line data. There will definitely be frustrations as people wait and there will also very likely be important data from competitors that may increase investor anxiety in Geron unless Geron itself makes an effort to allay these fears. In sum I feel I should advise you (and the wonderful contributors to the board) not to spend any further resources at this time. I have come to the conclusion that we should shut down the board. I believe you have more than honored the memory of Fish Sr. I think he would be pleased to know the company in which he had taken such a deep interest, the company that gave Irish Trader's husband and now several others such wonderful extra time in this world, the company that has given several patients freedom from the burden of constant transfusions resulting in improvement in their anemias and wellbeing, and perhaps reducing their risk of leukemia, has come to the point of sponsoring two highly important phase III clinical studies that are highly likely to lead to drug approval. I think that was his goal and you have done more than enough to support his initial efforts. On behalf of the many board members I have come to know and especially those who sincerely were ready to get out their check books, I thank you. I particularly appreciate you for the trust you placed in me by granting me stewardship of the Imetelchat universe for these several years. With Sincerest Best Wishes, Andy