Article that addresses challenges to enrollment

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

Article that addresses challenges to enrollment

Post by biopearl123 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:18 pm

https://acsjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley ... cncr.31769

Dr. Steensma is a world class premier clinical researcher. Note his recent move to Novartis from the Dana Farber. I have always been curious about his authorship on articles related to Imetelstat while his primary geographical research clinics appeared to be at the Farber which was never a clinical site for any of the Imetelstat studies. In the past I took that to be a negative since the Farber is world class and didn't seem to be too interested in Imetelstat. With Dr. Steensma's interest in MDS and his new position at Novartis one would think that some internal discussion and interest in Imetelstat lies there. The Harvard system can be very hierarchal, take it from me. I hope Dr. Steensma finds himself unfettered and has deep resources as he joins industry. Congratulations and best wishes to a leader in the field. bp

Edward

Re: Article that addresses challenges to enrollment

Post by Edward » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:53 am

bp, are/were you in HMS somewhere? Not trying to dox myself but I work at an affiliated hospital. I’ve thought about using that connection to bug Steensma about Imetelstat but figured it would be completely unprofessional and I’m not even a medical doctor, let alone in heme/onc.

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:31 pm

Was. Long ago.

Edward

Post by Edward » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:54 pm

Gotcha 👍