A word of support

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Lekola_

A word of support

Post by Lekola_ » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:42 pm

Listen, the YMB is a little heated lately. But I want to put up a word of support for Andrew, BP, for leading this board over the years and staying up on all the facts as well as entertain all arguments. I certainly appreciate you Andrew along with many of the insightful posts you have made here on Imetelchat and Geron.
Thanks for your efforts.

This is not to say anything bad of other users who have criticized BP. Active long term shareholders such as Martin, Laz, Dano and others on the YMB have certainly been a big boost of knowledge for me and confidence in reading their great posts as well.

It is easy for longs to get testy or anxious as we wait but the data will be forthcoming. I believe Geron will rise up! Listen to those last KOL’s, EHA, CC’s. Geron is in fantastic shape and I do believe the $100 PPS valuation estimated speculatively by Martin over on YMB to be true. In a few years time I believe we will know.

As Jingle would say, a Toast to all Longs! This is a gem stock that we will ride back up on terrific science.

Lastly, BP and others — I asked prematurely a few months ago about your predictions for Geron’s abstracts, and possibly what Geron will bring to the table in December at the American Society of Hematology 2020 December Conference. But now that we head into October and are a couple short months away I ask again with more curiosity. What are your thoughts on Geron and ASH this year? I know Jingle thinks it could be a big one. Could partnerships or even a buyout be on Geron’s radar in the next 6-12 months? What is your speculation on how the next 6 - 12 months could go for Geron? Remember folks - anything can happen on the positive side of things! Geron is looking more likely than ever to be a future powerhouse owning 100% of Imet at a crucial time going into two Phase 3 trials for the first time ever in two novel indications with potentially front lines use. I know I don’t have to tell you guys this since you know... but let me know your thoughts as of a new Fall Season

Health and well wishes to all

I welcome everyone to submit a comment with their thoughts. Thoughts change over time and I am interested in what each of you has to say. Including Kmall if you are docked and available to comment

Sincerely
Lekola

biopearl123

Re: A word of support

Post by biopearl123 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:24 am

Hi Lekola, thank you for your kind words of support. I admit that I do tire of the vulgarity and insipid posts that frequent YMB. More than that however is the troubling disinterest in probing areas that fail to support the Geron thesis. When I have posted information that I think is interesting but not "rah rah Geron", I get so much push back from some that I have to question their motives. I have said that I won't be part of a Geron echo chamber and either will this board. I do not see myself as the arbiter of free speech and would like to see more discussion here and have tried to foster it. One somewhat controversial poster is one I find to be informed and entertaining even if edgy. I have pushed back when the attacks are personal especially when they involved a different board member whom I respect highly as a person (for what he has done with his life) and as a poster (for his research and analysis). But know I can take and even welcome criticism of my ideas and my posts. I am from New Jersey and love "giving someone the business" and if you do that one must be willing to "get the business" back. Thats ok with me. But if I challenge someone to support what appears to me to be unsubstantiated statements in an attempt to clarify information that may or may not be true, I think it is reasonable to expect a respectful contributory response. I hope our fellow board members consider it a service when I point out how a study from another company has been expanded and will now examine a patient population that overlaps with a Geron study we follow closely. Anyway to your question. It was hardly premature and one that is on all of our minds. I can speculate and welcome any contributions and especially hope kmall is in port. Geron by its own admission and what was painfully obvious before that has essentially no new studies to comment upon and is intently focused on getting both PIIIs rolling. We know the MF PIII won't start for several months and the ongoing MDS PIII has YET to be even 50% enrolled despite have started its first patient a little less than a year ago. Its just not great news and is probably all COVID related. It is what it is and I have no doubt the Geron team is trying valiantly. So what could happen (or not) in the near future (before we get to potential presentations at ASH)? 1. A partner. 2. An acquisition 3. No new studies unless 1 or 2. 4. I suppose shelf dilution 5. Geron acquires or merges with a complimentary company. 6. An EMA surprise. While any could happen at any time, given the impressive recent market acquisition activity that has not included Geron (every company has its price and we can rationalize all we want) but it just hasn't happened some options seem less likely. Re Ash: Geron only has the data from the two studies we know about to massage. I would expect first off an informational presentation to encourage enrollment in the MF study and also a plug for the MDS study either free standing (poster) or attached to an oral presentation. It is only minor speculation to expect further TI, HI, CR,PR etc data from the MDS study. Also some massaging of the molecular data. It could be that a new standard for prolonged TI and BM improvement (?normalization) will be established that is truly un heretofore described. If durability continues to be maintained there will be a buzz. Could RWD data exist somewhere? Maybe but it is more likely we might see further RWD to support the OS in R/R MF patients derived from the Lake Success site and the new(er) Italian site. Identifying molecular signatures for responders (or non responders) could be presented. A deeper understanding of the TN population and their unique sensitivity to Imetelstat might also be discussed. Preclinical combo studies have been presented previously and mouse AML/higher risk studies might make an appearance. Aside from the potential business stuff speculated on above, I am not expecting a big splash (other than further confirmation of continuing durability effect). The big stuff seems to happen at EHA but in 2021 I think EHA will be faced with the same paucity of data that is basically limited to further in-depth evaluation of the studies we are already familiar with. Do you have any additional thoughts? Best Regards, and thanks for posting. Keep rocking. bp

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:30 am

Lekola, I failed to mention by fondest dream and that is that Imetelstat is granted a plenary presentation. After all the drug is completely new, has been shown to prolong life in a meaningful way, has shown amazing activity in high transfusion burden MDS and attacks the malignant clone itself. Plenary sessions are hard to come by and I think more realistically we wait until there is PIII data. bp

Lekola_

Post by Lekola_ » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:05 am

Thanks for your detailed response BP. I have additional thoughts of my own in response and also for the board members generally to consider:

Echo Chambers
Lekola concurs wholeheartedly on the point that we must diligently research all potential competitors that may directly or indirectly creep into Geron's lane. This is something of critical importance. I encourage all Imetelchat board members to share questions and suspicions about any news/research they find in this regard so that our collective DD and understanding of Geron's fate can be better reasoned/determine.

COVID
I too was disappointed that there has not been a PR yet about the mid-way enrollment for the trial, but came to a similar conclusion that COVID must have slowed the process down one way or another. This is something I am OK with given the pandemic but somewhat disappointed nonetheless. It does not affect the science and as far as I am concerned does not affect potential success for Geron, only unfortunately possibly provides for further delays. On the bright side, patients are aware of Imet. Kmall's work in previous years to get the word out was notable too. I think Patients in these indications will undoubtedly find Imetelstat but will need to meet the criteria to join the trial and not all do.

ASH - The 62nd American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting - 12/05 - 12/08 in San Diego, CA
Andrew your suggestion of a Plenary is not something that is unrealistic. After much of my own DD I find it even "likely" that Geron is granted this if not this year, then in a coming year. My mindset on Imet is longterm. The day-to-day, month-to-month, even sadly year-to-year fluctuations do not bother me much because ultimately, in agreement with Kangar, the timeline is potentially a few years out (even though "something" could happen sooner), and the dollar/cents PPS fluctuations do not mean much until the turkey is fully baked... in other words, when the levee breaks... in other words - when the data comes in. Regardless, as you clearly laid out:

- Imetelstat is completely new/novel
- Signficantly prolongs life in a meaningful way
- Significantly activity in high transfusion burden MDS
- Attacks the malignant clone itself

What else could be needed on top of this to justify a Plenary? I think the answer lies in the thread between all recent conference calls, KOLS, presentations, and the PPT presentation on Geron's website. Especially the presentation. I find myself studying it often. The justification we may be waiting for it when the data can finally fully support dropping the word "Potentially" from in front of "Disease Modifying" ... We have seen KOL's, and I believe even Scarlett in his words' underlying confidence that "Potentially" is really a temporary classification.

"Imetelstat is Disease Modifying for Blood Cancer Patients, attacks the malignant clone, and prolongs life for the extremely ill." is a headline that will not only warrant a Plenary but much more. I too think PIII data may be needed for this. Patience is not the easiest among the various virtues. For me, as an impulsive person, it is one of the hardest. And often can be disappointing. However, with PPS being where it is, those with Patience may reap the most reward. At the very least, I feel like with the GERN symbol, we have that chance given all we know about Imetelstat. Not many other stock symbols can provide you with that hope. I can't think of any others. If I could, I would be on their forum :)

Words of support
Andrew, again, I offer kind and deep words of support for your moderation of this board. Your research is not only valued but something I consider a blessing to the layman investors understanding of Geron events. I draw my own conclusions, but think I can speak for many that silently come to this board to read your thoughts. This board is also a place that cannot be censored as other forums often are.

The name Andrew, means "fisher of men." I think it suits you well.

Have a healthy Fall Season to all Imetelchat Board Members. I hope & encourage others will leave a comment as well to share their position/speculation on Geron's prospects for the coming 6-12 months as well.

Lekola

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:49 pm

Lekola, many thanks for your response, lets hope you are right about the plenary but honestly I don't hold much hope for a plenary this year. I do think Dr. Maskarenhas will get that coveted oral presentation he was denied at EHA. bp