Round Of Applause For A Visionary Leader And A Look Back In The Rear View - Pt. 2

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
kmall

Round Of Applause For A Visionary Leader And A Look Back In The Rear View - Pt. 2

Post by kmall » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:46 am

One of the most significant and meaningful moves by Dr. Scarlett on his road towards approval was the first hire after the J&J CD meltdown. It came with no PR and zero fanfare. The hiring of Damanjit Singh in November, 2018 was a precursor of things to come.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/damanjit-singh/

Damanjit is a GXP Quality Systems manager. What is a GXP Quality Systems manager you may ask……

https://www.cleardata.com/wp-content/up ... _FINAL.pdf

https://gxpqsllc.com/

A GXP Quality Systems manager is crucial in the Regulatory Approval process. Hiring Damanjit a month after such a blow as the J&J CD goes to show the tenacity and vision that Dr. Scarlett has for Imetelstats approval and commercialization. As I’ve said many times before, this is a driven man. While we reflect on the importance of the confirmation of Imets Orphan Drug Designation by the EMA let us remember the man who has made this all possible. In the face of adversity, along with some of the greatest challenges one could imagine he has skillfully created an independent company with a fighting chance to go it alone and bring to market a drug which has the potential of treating multiple indications. It is a proud day indeed for us as investors and patients around the world. Thank you Dr. Scarlett and Team Geron for raising the bar to a level that will benefit us all. -Kmall

ashah

Re: Round Of Applause For A Visionary Leader And A Look Back In The Rear View - Pt. 2

Post by ashah » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:32 pm

Kmall,
first, I am a fan of your postings, and a genuine "gern bull" i.e. against my better judgement (for now), I was ALL IN on GERN before the CD with J&J. So I am sitting on a significant paper losses, and my next few comments are with utmost sincere sentiments.
In highlighting Damanjit's linkedIn, I fail to notice the significance of the hiring.
On the contrary, I notice someone who is in parallel, a realtor (even if part time) ~ and someone who has not reflected the experience needed for a regulatory filing.
Perhaps I am missing something...
Ashish

kmall

Re: Round Of Applause For A Visionary Leader And A Look Back In The Rear View - Pt. 2

Post by kmall » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:08 am

Ashish,
Appreciate the feedback and also your contributions to Imetelchat. Obviously a good deal of what gets posted by me and others when it comes to this company falls in the speculation category. I had posted the Damanjit link several months ago on the YMB when I first came across it and what a GXP Systems Manager was. Like yourself, I had elicited several responses concerning his "Part Time" job as a Realtor in the Bay Area.
His "Full Time" job is with Geron.....thats reassuring. I dont know Damanjit or any of the Geron employees personally, but I would assume he was hired for his experience. When you take a look at his resume, you can see that he worked for Gilead ($86B mkt. cap.) for 7+ yrs and Prothena - Irish based Biotech prior to joining Geron. One thing I have noticed with many of the new hires, is a connection to one another some have. Again, speculation, but perhaps since his main role with the company is tied to filing Regulatory Approvals he has prior experience with Sharon McBain (based in the UK & ties to J&J, GSK and her own consulting firm Cooksey).? - Ireland/UK ??

Not quite sure how you would know his experience is "not reflected for regulatory filing"?

I just can't fathom Dr. Scarlett hiring anyone post-J&J that doesn't fall into their role fitting company objectives. As far as being a part time "Realtor" - I've known many A-type personalities who can juggle more than one job. Just look at Ace Frehley from KISS - part time NYC cabbie while starting one of the World's biggest Rock bands. Same goes for Paul....aka Starchild.....OK, in all seriousness....if he sells houses on the side in the Bay Area, which is a smoking hot market mind you, and it doesn't interfere with his "Full Time" job and Dr. Scarlett has no issues with it, then I don't see an issue either.

Not to knock Damanjit one bit, but perhaps you missed my point. I was trying to point out the position itself. Post CD-bomb he hires someone who's job it is, is to oversee the filings of Regulatory Approvals. Pre-Rizo, Pre-Murphy, Pre-Kapur, Pre-McBain even.....no fanfare, get in the trench and start getting our ducks in a row before the ducks even get here. Maybe I'm trying to read more into it then its worth, but I just see it as a big tell to where Dr. Scarletts focus has been since before the J&J walk. This was all planned out far before Sept. 27th is my take.

Another interesting skill Damanjit has listed on his resume is being proficient in both the Hindi and Punjabi language.....India alone has a population of 1.3Billion....thats a lot of MDS, MF and AML patients. As well, 2 other Geron employees speak fluent Mandarin and Cantonese. Just something to ponder. Best of luck to you Ashish, I have a feeling your paper losses will be gains in the near future. Kmall