Toll mediated receptors

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Ligas3

Toll mediated receptors

Post by Ligas3 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:50 pm

AARC - myleosupression not mediated through toll receptors - Imetelstat

What does that mean and why is it significant?

Fishermangents
Site Admin

Re: Toll mediated receptors

Post by Fishermangents » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:21 pm

Hi Ligas, I haven't been able to find the abstract/article, so I can't give an answer. Can you post a link? I couldn't find it either on the AACR website.

Ligas3

Post by Ligas3 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:27 am

If you go to the AACR 2016 website, go to abstracts, go to search abstracts, search by word and put in Imetelstat, about half way down the results are two abstracts about Imetelstat. One is the AML work done in a laboratory setting and one is the title I referred to. I am always on my phone and it is not easy to share links.

Fishermangents
Site Admin

Post by Fishermangents » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:11 pm

Ligas, I will make a new topic on AACR2016, as there are also two presentations about telomerase.
Btw: I see only the titles. That means that I can't judge the relevance. However, it has been selected for the agenda of this major event, so we can assume it has some relevance in the least. And Baerlocher is one of the authors and she is one of the most knowledgeables on imetlestat.

scottmayhew

Post by scottmayhew » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:21 pm

Ligas3 wrote:AARC - myleosupression not mediated through toll receptors - Imetelstat

What does that mean and why is it significant?

...exactly...what does that mean? thanks for any clarification. ...I have zero science background but I can draw pretty.

jgjg5556

Post by jgjg5556 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:15 am

Sensitizing the immune system seems to be the hottest area in the cancer fight. Toll receptors which are proteins on the cell wall are hereby the target.
Imetelstat does not use the toll receptors meaning imetelstat mode of action is not through the immune system but a separate way.
Depending on the way you look at it imetelstat is an adjuvant to sensitizing the immune system to kill the cancer cell or vice versa stimulating the immune system via toll receptors is an adjuvant to imetelstat.