Geron is getting aggressive

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
huntingonthebluffs

Geron is getting aggressive

Post by huntingonthebluffs » Mon May 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Watching/listening to the quarterly reports, increasing rates of various healthcare conferences, blogs, scientific papers and efforts on various boards, along with the expanding published timelines on expected events regarding the CTs and CD, even progress regarding FDA policies, it is obvious we are down to the final stage of where the Geron saga will go from here. While we may not be given substantial details in 3Q18, we also won’t be in the data desert regarding the future of Imetelstat or Geron. In my opinion, the fat lady has clearly begun to sing!

I think it is apparent that the writing is on the wall that both CTs are immensely successful and Geron is becoming more aggressive in their actions by the week. The ATM cash raise was just another sound business decision for so many reasons besides just an insurance policy. Geron is gearing up for the launches of various and I think we have seen/heard enough to know that JNJ is doing likewise, although I am not alone in continually questioning JNJ’s motives and oft stated desire to help smaller companies to the finish-line in joint efforts and look forward to the pudding. And to that end, I am excited to see JS aggressively moving on several fronts and I would expect that to just be the TIP of the proverbial. I for one will not be surprised by the array of actions on the runway; as I think Geron has been the elephant in the room for much too long and will soon become the 800 pound gorilla in the ring.

JS, while the ever conservative CEO, has never been so focused and animated in his live and written communications. He has a swagger I have never seen before. He clearly is excited and determined to see this process through to completion on many fronts and especially to give the MF, AML and MDS patients facing certain death, a new lease on life. And beyond that, there is likely much more to come. Investment-wise he is also aggressively protecting those who have trusted in Imetelstat’s science and will do everything now in his capabilities to insure the investors will achieve great returns, in spite of what the traders may say and do. Certainly I believe we will see Geron opting-in, utilizing a Menlo facility to the max, taking on new aspects of increasing usage of Imetelstat, bringing hope to patients.

So am I being overly exuberant? Yes to some of course, confirmation bias, of course. Heavily invested, of course. Affected and touched by the hemo diseases, yes certainly. Do I understand mistakes have been made in licensing agreements, CT’s, uses of the science, press releases, conferences, etc., financial decisions, of course, an understatement to say it has been less than a perfect ride. Are there some risks yet ahead of us, of course. However, I see the risks from here as mostly in not achieving as much success as possible in an optimal fashion, while yet achieving so much.

Regardless of how this all plays out, I will continue to be confident and heavily biased towards patients getting at long last the help they should have had years ago and grateful that I don’t have the devious actions of the protractors on my conscience as immense suffering and loss has likely resulted on their behalf. Thanks to imetelstat.eu, ImetelChat, Biopearl and other stalwarts of the science and especially Fishermanagents for their great contributions here.

biopearl

Re: Geron is getting aggressive

Post by biopearl » Mon May 14, 2018 9:06 pm

Thank you Hunt, I would add that there seems to be a new element added to investor relations with the addition of "CG Capital" link where Anna's link used to be. Perhaps some board member business types check it out and can tell us what this might mean. I looked at their website and could only think of Don Cheadle's wonderful and very funny TV series. The change probably means something I just don't have the business experience to know what it is. bp

scottmayhew

Post by scottmayhew » Tue May 15, 2018 1:03 am

Is Anna still at the company? Perhaps she is having trouble getting her H1B renewed? Trump's immigration policies are affecting more than people crossing the border. A manager at my place of work is having difficulty getting his work permit. Says under the previous admin it took a few weeks, now it takes 6 months.

huntingonthebluffs

Post by huntingonthebluffs » Sun May 20, 2018 8:17 pm

Well first, scottmayhew, I personally don’t think this board is appropriate for political posts of any kind. That's one of the reasons I occasionally post here.

Everything we are seeing from Geron / Jansen / JNJ continues to be positive and forward thinking. Defensive, in part, on Geron’s side which, of course, makes good business sense. But I see the recent actions, calls and conferences as more offensive and compared to the past, quite aggressive.

I for one, believe this sends the message of confidence in both the science and CT progress, pre-CT activity and results to date. I recall from my business days that we often had a tendency to overthink what the other side was thinking and generally gave them significantly more credit and options on what we thought they might do, especially what they might do to execute away from our solutions. Of course it was all speculation and in reality it is generally much simpler and more straightforward common sense thinking that is occurring with both the buyer and the competition.

As BP’s excellent summary of the ASM indicates, Geron is going to see this powerful science all the way through to the patients and everyone, including JNJ knows that. That can be observed in everything that is occurring if one has time to stop, listen, read and think about it, including the powerful articles on SA. JS has on more than one occasion said that he believes and is happy with everything Jansen / JNJ is doing CT’s, etc., Everything has that has occurred has ultimately been proven to be positive since the license agreement was signed. Wherever this goes from here will be positive for both patients and investors with the possible exception of it not happening fast enough for any of us, including JS.

The CD is Jansen’s and JNJ’s alone, so of course JS can’t speculate to a public audience even if, as I suspect, he is or nearly is 100% sure, as it hasn’t happened and he is not in control of that decision even if the right people have told him where it is going, it’s not in writing yet. But to overthink every word / action or lack of word / action is just complicating and blurring what is going on in plain sight. Good people are committed to doing great things with this science and we will soon know how great, in my opinion.

scottmayhew

Post by scottmayhew » Tue May 22, 2018 3:12 am

it wasnt political, hunting, it was factual. but it was also off the mark. anna is still at the company.