Good Bye

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
karagozoglu12345

Good Bye

Post by karagozoglu12345 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:30 pm

I am beyond disappointed. The CC yesterday showed Geron leadership is out of touch with competition, markets, and science. it seems they go through the motions, continue their fat pay checks and when it is over they will disappear. Any prudent biotech CEO would have secured a combo partnership by now. How? If the big pharma is not knocking on Geron's door, then the only reasonable conclusion is they perceive higher risk than rewards. JS should have proposed a compromised contract to mitigate potential partner's risk. If he did this but they are still not interested then we are in a big confirmation bias about the potential of science. Such partnership even with a compromised contract would have given legitimacy to Geron which was lost after J & J break up. It would have helped sp spike which, in turn, would have made it feasable to raise money for trials.
Look back past two years. Has there been anything noteworthy, innovative, proactive, progressive besides hiring of the research team that has worked on Imet trials in the past? And, what about the secrecy, lack of transparency? Knowledeable people in the MB's have been constantly trying to read between the lines and figuring out what JS is hinting or avoiding to explicate.

Mr. Scarlett please resign!

My gut tells me all things considered there is no light at the end of the tunnel with the current leadership. This gives me a sick feeling in my stomach in the face of my massive losses. And, no sense to sell at this point. I bet the farm having bought into lies before CD. I take full responsibility for my worst decision by far in my entire life.

This is my last post! I am aware my opinion about Geron management is not popular!

BP thank you for sharing your knowledge and wisdom and doing a great job moderating Imetelchat.

Thank you for reading and very best wishes to fellow longs!

biopearl123

Re: Good Bye

Post by biopearl123 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:18 pm

karagozoglu, I have always appreciated your contribution to this board. Since the stock is at its lowest point in history, every stock owner who has held, shares your disappointment and have experienced losses (by definition). Best Wishes for future success and if you haven't sold I hope you (and the rest of us) can recover your losses. bp

Secret Third Arm

Post by Secret Third Arm » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:44 pm

I posted this on Seeking Alpha but it bears repeating here since you're planning to leave and we'll miss you.

They're hiring people and the FDA wants to talk to them again after already moving up the last meeting. In addition, they have more data that they want to share about median overall survival in MF and symptom response in MDS. You can be certain they're not excited about sharing BAD data.

Listen with your ears and engage your brain. They talk about a Phase 3 because talking about a Phase 4 would open them up to lawsuits for being overly optimistic. We have been sued (and won) once before over such frivolity and now we've got ambulance chasers running around the company again.

MDS will not have to go to 2022 for a readout. Chip was clear during the call that not only is transfusion independence important but that many patients on Imetelstat received SIGNIFICANT symptomatic improvement even without crossing into the threshold for TI. These are the very sickest MDS patients based on the trial design, patients without an alternative therapy.

And now, with no money in sight that we can see, the company is going after EVEN SICKER patients with an AML and/or high risk MDS study. Ask yourself why. Keep in mind that another conference has come and gone with NO NEW SAFETY SIGNALS. Some of the patients have been on Imetelstat now for years and no one has died from the drug.

These facts are cumulative. We see them through the day to day lens of shareholders. We use the share price to keep score instead of the weight of evidence. That's because we're human and it's our own hard earned money on the line. But that does not change the fact that this drug is quietly and effectively working on the sickest patients while also working it's way through the byzantine FDA process towards being approved.

By any other metric than the share price we have seen the success of Imetelstat. If you don't have the stomach to be a shareholder through these low prices that's understandable, but you can't say it's time to sell based on the drug or the chosen path to approval. Good luck longs, but I bought more today after that call and you should too.

cheng_ho

Post by cheng_ho » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:32 pm

Good luck, kara. Check out those papers on NAD+ boosting and telomerase activation... there's still a chance for you to hang on until the real Age Of Biotech starts.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:18 am

Bravo, STA. I agree with you each and every point.

Imetelstat will be approved, moving through the finish line of the Byzantine FDA process. It’s the when that is the only question.