Where are the potential partners?

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
sargasso

Where are the potential partners?

Post by sargasso » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:45 pm

As some of you may be aware the closer we got to a continuation decision w/ JNJ the more dubious I became about that decision. I mean I started to have considerable doubts. So I sold my entire position at around $5.75 per share and made a fairly substantial profit. Call it pure dumb luck and especially since I was bullish on this stock for a rather long time. But that is history.

So here (yet again) is one of my Infamous Dumb Questions. We are all aware that biotech companies are in desperate need of new products. So my question is why has not one of these companies offered to do some sort of partnership deal w/ GERN? What is holding them back? Why the apparent lack of interest?

biopearl123

Re: Where are the potential partners?

Post by biopearl123 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:11 pm

Sargasso, Way not ask Scarlett directly in May?

sargasso

Post by sargasso » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:22 pm

bp,

Good idea. Except I’m not at all certain I would receive a straight answer from JS. That is to say I came to the conclusion prior to selling the stock that I could not trust this guy.

I believe you longs deserve a CEO who is willing to communicate with you, honestly and directly. At best this guy treats his shareholders like a minor annoyance. He treats conference calls in the same manner. These meetings are often very short. Lots of perfectly legitimate questions are constantly left unanswered. Time is deliberately not made to address important shareholder concerns. Why not? Shareholders are consistently left wondering and investing in this thing almost becomes an act of faith. I’m speaking of the conference calls of which I was aware when I was long the stock. Maybe some of this has now changed for the better?

Anyway, it's now all history. I have not repurchased the stock. But I wish good things to you who have remained faithful to this company and long the stock. Should you eventually make a profit from this stock don't call it a profit. Call it restitution.

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:40 am

Sargasso, thanks for responding. Actually I have to give Scarlett the benefit of the doubt. Yes the conference calls are frustrating since he only takes questions from the few remaining interested analysts. But the annual meeting has a different flavor. I think he really tries to answer questions sincerely (I am ducking now) no tomatoes please. Some Imetelchat board members have attended in the past and perhaps they can help us understand the receptivity of the Geron board members actually in attendance and their willingness to discuss the company's accomplishments and prospects frankly. I do think Dr. S has to come up with an impressive letter to shareholders and I actually think that he will. He has a lot of new fire power with Dr. Rizo et al. bp

Commsman

Post by Commsman » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:26 am

Sargasso,

I'm pretty certain I recall John Scarlett stated in the discontinuation announcement of Sept 27, or the Nov 1 cc that no partnerships or collaborations would be announced until after the IND transfer is compete. However, I couldn't find any transcripts of either of those calls to verify this recollection, but I'm pretty confident that this is so. The IND transfer is on track to be completed by June 30, and I believe we will most likely hear about an exUS collaboration/partnership after the IND Transfer has been completed. I hope this helps.

Respectfully,
Commsman

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:48 am

That is my recollection as well. bp

sargasso

Post by sargasso » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:49 pm

Commsman,

Thanks. That does help. Who knows? You guys may yet make a lot of money on this stock. It remains entirely within the range of possibility.

cheng_ho

Post by cheng_ho » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:09 pm

Congrats on bailing out before the plane crashed, sargasso. Wish I'd overcome my confirmation bias and done the same thing when JNJ pulled the drug off the compassionate-use list... there were plenty of red flags.