By 2:30 AM Eastern time June 12th

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

By 2:30 AM Eastern time June 12th

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:02 pm

By 2:30 AM Eastern time or shortly there after I hope the information from the oral MDS presentation will make its way into the public domaine. We already know from the abstract that the data is unique and exceeds results from any other drug in the clinic with regard to 8 week, 24 week and >1yr TI duration. Once that information percolates through the investment community one hopes Geron will get some well deserved attention and respect. I would welcome some ideas however as to why Dr. Scarlett would raise capital before rather than after this event. I do not have the business acumen to understand this unless he was prescient as to when the second wave of COVID would begin to manifest. Thoughts? bp

cheng_ho

Re: By 2:30 AM Eastern time June 12th

Post by cheng_ho » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:39 pm

For the same reason that he sold ATM shares at $1.37... he doesn't expect the market to be interested in paying more, and there's always the threat of ARGX, CNST, or one of the dozens of other companies with trials in the MDS field lapping Geron.

Lekola_

Post by Lekola_ » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:57 am

Someone on the YMB earlier today said a possible reason could be that it Geron is in a stronger negotiating position to be able to say they don’t need anyone else to help them finish funding of their trials. I thought this was a really good point. If it gives Geron a potentially better deal with a partner/ buyout because they don’t “need” that party’s funds, then it comes down to negotiating strictly on is the value of GERN to the potential partner/buyer etc. If anyone knows who put this comment on YMB feel free to put credit to their username here. I looked back and for some reason am having trouble finding it.

Geron having the peace of mind and more powerful position that comes with being “self sufficient” through the completion of the phase 3 trials is meaningful.

Very much excited and interested for the next week with EHA and especially 2:30am est tonight. I hope as well everything that is said quickly trickles into the public sphere. Would love to hear your thoughts on what is said BP once it is out.

All the best!
Lekola

rccola335

Post by rccola335 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:22 am

maybe he was worried about the vote and needed to make sure he stayed and secured his position

jingledsassy

Post by jingledsassy » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:56 am

After the release of S183 Abstract Imetelstat will not need the FDA...It's gonna go global and the FDA will need Imetelstat....Trump is a unknown factor....As I said before the Medical people will be the first to buy shares...But really expect a buyout by Big Pharma after the S183 release....Ps Kmall they are trying to block me from the ymb also....

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:20 am

Yes but all he had to do was wait two weeks and raise at a higher stock price, that’s the part I don’t get.

rccola335

Post by rccola335 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:11 pm

there is no buyout coming - there is no partner coming - nobody would sell all of those shares if they thought their price was going up in the near future - they are proceeding as if they are doing this alone and there are no price stimulating events on the near horizon

cheng_ho

Post by cheng_ho » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:37 pm

biopearl123 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:20 am
Yes but all he had to do was wait two weeks and raise at a higher stock price, that’s the part I don’t get.
Price went down, not up. Scarlett knows more about the trials and competition than we do.

If he raised money at $1.30, that's what he could get. Have to give him credit for knowing the market... too bad he wasn't paying this much attention before JNJ bailed.

rccola335

Post by rccola335 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:24 pm

somehow someone took my last post as uneducated bashing - nobody would of sold 50 percent of the company at 1.30 a share if there was a near term price stimulating event - it is common sense - there is no crime in saying that

very likely they had partnership options that were not better than diluting 50 percent and finishing themselves - they have the team to do it

I still think they can get AA for MDS as their data matures and more comes in (I am sure JNJ felt the same and that is why they had the job posting)

When Scarlet sells shares it doesn't bother me - he has a lot himself and I don't have a direct source on this but I am guessing he would like to make money also - his end goal is the get imetelstat to market

The fact the EHA gave them an oral presentation 2 years a row for the MDS trial speaks to the data and the importance

People just need to be patient - imetelstat will be approved if the data continues to come in as it has been