to Kmall the fine print

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

to Kmall the fine print

Post by biopearl123 » Sun May 31, 2020 1:41 am

Kmall, I think getting clarity on the point below would be great if you can frame some questions for Dr. S. First off slide 6 of the new presentation makes the following statement:

*Data on file--take a look, I could not get it to copy but basically the data on file references the statement that hematopoiesis has the potential to normalize. No study is cited even though we have seen some preliminary evidence presented in other presentations dating back to Dr. T. Anyway I read this to suggest this data is proprietary and exists in the files of Geron but has not been formally presented. This represents the back bone of the whole deal as far as I can see and it would be good to get a comment as to the nature of the "data on file". Is it in lab animals? Patient Data not yet presented? Data from the Dr. T study? What. This is important and we should get some sense as to what it being hinted at. Also it is worthwhile to look into PRM-151 and the ligand trap therapy that could potentially have an effect on fibrosis. I saw presentations for EHA 2019 but not EHA 2020 for both agents. Neither appears as strong as Imetelstat especially since data regarding prolonging life appears absent for any agent except Imetelstat (and BM transplant). Cheng Ho who has been notably silent recently has railed about our not having all the data, and the "data on file" may hold information (and obviously does hold info) that might be helpful to us. When I lived in Mass, I always hankered after a Hinckley Bermuda 40. But now I am too old, you might not be though. Regards, bp

jingledsassy

Re: to Kmall the fine print

Post by jingledsassy » Sun May 31, 2020 3:05 am

Cheng Ho is correct...there are 3 or 4 clinical trials that were completed and the results embargoed with the SEC by Geron....

kmall

Post by kmall » Sun May 31, 2020 6:26 am

Thanks Andrew. I'll try and draft up something in the next few days. Hopefully others here take up the cause as well. The patients who desperately need Imet as frontline should be in our thoughts first and foremost. There are many here with a stronger understanding of the science than myself and could muster up more persausive points in their direction. Asking management for an explaination for something which appears blatantly obvious, is in some ways an obligation as a prudent investor. Keep you updated on any progress. -Kmall

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Sun May 31, 2020 6:22 pm

Kmall, thank you for your insights and contributions as always. It would be nice to get some insights into whether the European approval process is linked to the FDA or proceeds independently. Adding more countries and multiple sites, I agree, might make international approval easier. This should be quite a month coming up. Best Regards, bp

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Sun May 31, 2020 7:59 pm

Jingle, I am not sure you or Bill are correct. Yes there were older studies (like from the Okarma days) that were not fully reported and the way that data was handled was unsatisfactory as far as I was concerned as a shareholder, but a lot of the solid tumor data, CLL, MM, etc did find their way into the public domaine. Often the data and lack of reporting thereof suggested failed studies. I wouldn't say "embargoed", just ignored (or buried if you so choose). The SEC was probably not involved. But yes, in some areas there was a general feeling in the past that we did not have full transparency. Clearly now we need to turn the page and see Geron for what it is today. bp

jingledsassy

Post by jingledsassy » Sun May 31, 2020 9:18 pm

well I think the Paradigm Shift and go big statement from Dr Rizo will sort this out real soon...Real strong statements with 30 plus Law Firms watching for just a little mistake on Geron's part...tick tock...