YMB Censorship and GERON’s ex-US partner? - Pt 2

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
kmall

YMB Censorship and GERON’s ex-US partner? - Pt 2

Post by kmall » Tue May 19, 2020 1:44 am

Several days later I posted “There’s More Than One Way To Skin A Cat………….”
In summary I delve into EMA approval over FDA and the whole ex-US partnership thing………it may be reading tea leaves or perhaps connecting dots – however one perceives them.

The next day I posted about China and its MDS population of over 280,000 with a link to the drug suppliers I found who have “Imetelstat in bulk” –

“China with a population of 1.386 Billion could have an MDS patient population of 286,900 (US - 20.7 / 100,000) - that's almost 5x the US (60,000) and it's most likely much higher since pollution and non-registry play a large role in the increases in MDS patient populations found outside of "developed" nations. Starting to make sense why we are seeing a rash of bashers here on the board now that Geron will be targeting GLOBAL COMMERCIALIZATION.”

https://www.chemicalbook.com/ProductLis ... imetelstat

This seems to have been the catalyst to wipe out my account. Like King Richard and Sdrawkcabeman* (not that I’m any way in their league) *(not sure if Sdraw was terminated or just left on his own accord after tiring of being deleted?) I’ve been wiped clean from posting on the YMB. Apparently, it’s ok to be crude and use profanity but if you post anything that goes against the grain of whoever controls the puppet strings of the short position it seems as if you will be terminated accordingly.

This brings me to where I see Geron now and some of the hints if you will from Dr. Scarlett and the industry as a whole. The following excerpt is from “There’s more than one way to skin a cat………”

“3. 07/18/2019 – Sharon McBain - Vice President, Global Regulatory Affairs – “will be responsible for global regulatory strategy development, oversight of regulatory submissions, and interactions with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), European Medicines Agency (EMA) and other ex-U.S. health authorities.”………..this one for me was the biggest hint – she lives in the UK and has worked for both J&J and GSK for about 40 years dealing with regulatory filings in Europe.

4. 07/18/2019 – Lynn Bodarky – Vice President, Business Development – “As Vice President, Business Development, Ms. Bodarky will support Geron’s longer-term corporate objectives of partnering the ex-U.S. commercialization rights for imetelstat”

5. 07/18/2019 – “that Geron plans to partner the ex-U.S. commercialization rights for imetelstat”

……Ok, so those last 3 - #3, #4 and #5 are really intriguing to what I believe is going on now with the team in place.

Especially #4 – “Geron’s longer-term corporate objectives of partnering the ex-US commercialization rights for Imetelstat.”

Why would Geron be solely reliant on FDA approval if their LONGER-TERM objectives for commercialization lie outside of the US?”

In order to be successful and commercialize it seems as if it would be in Geron’s best interest to partner at this point – and they have told us that point blank. The question now is with who?

So obviously they are telling us ex-US………..that tapers it down somewhat.

About 2 months ago I had mentioned both Ipsen (France) and Eiasi (Japan) as possibilities when I started researching ex-US companies whose specialties were in the Unmet Need category as Imetelstat fits that bill.

Ipsen has ties to Dr. Scarlett with the sale of his company Tercica, Inc. in 2008, however, as it stands today – in my view their market cap of 5.78 Billion might not be in the cards.

Eiasi, on the other hand checks more and more of the boxes that management may need to help fulfill approval and commercialization goals. With a market cap of 20.5 Billion they have almost 4x the flexibility over Ipsen towards a partnership. Not only that, but their US Headquarters are 30min away from Geron’s NJ office.

Some of you may be asking why not Bayer, Roche or Novartis – and why would it matter that the two are within driving distance?………..well I can’t divulge at this point how I know, but I do know for a fact that Eiasi is a front runner for a Geron partnership. All I can say is that research can sometimes be a two-way street. Simple as that. Whether this partnership becomes a reality is still up for grabs.

As of now my time with the YMB is over. I have enjoyed the interactions with most there and it has enabled a broader vision of what an investment can become – not only financial but something much more meaningful. I wish that I had the technical insight Imetelstat holds that some of the posters here like Secret Third Arm, Huntingonthebluffs, Ryan and our moderator Andrew-bp possess, but being a layman on the subject I will only post periodically.

Thank you, Andrew, and the rest of the Imetelchat community for actually letting voices, ideas and theories be heard without smothering those of an opposing point of view. All the best to my fellow longs and most importantly those patients undergoing the clinical trials who will ultimately determine our fate and that of Imetelstat. -Kmall

earfool

Re: YMB Censorship and GERON’s ex-US partner? - Pt 2

Post by earfool » Tue May 19, 2020 3:22 am

Kmall

Thanks for your informative posts. YMB is a waste of time for the most part but it does have it's moments and you were one of the reasons I checked in once in a while.

All the best..

.....earfool

earfool

Post by earfool » Tue May 19, 2020 3:22 am

Kmall

Thanks for your informative posts. YMB is a waste of time for the most part but it does have it's moments and you were one of the reasons I checked in once in a while.

All the best..

.....earfool

rccola335

Post by rccola335 » Tue May 19, 2020 3:47 am

This is from Eisai website - looks like they look to partner with other companies - the last sentence really fits Geron

]From the start, Eisai pioneered "strategic copromotions," or product-focused collaborations without the restrictions of formal joint ventures. Our strategic alliances for Aricept® (donepezil hydrochloride tablets) with Pfizer and AcipHex® (rabeprazole sodium) with Janssen attest to Eisai's ability to discover and develop blockbuster products and to successfully partner with world-class pharmaceutical companies. The launches of these two products, which were discovered and developed by Eisai, are among the most successful in U.S. history, realizing billion-dollar status.

Research Collaborations

Eisai has a number of research collaborations with biotech firms and academic institutions. These include agreements with Johns Hopkins University's Brain Science Institute to develop innovative new treatments for central nervous system diseases and Aestus Therapeutics to discover and develop novel therapeutics for the treatment of psychiatric disorders. Most recently, Eisai entered into a broad drug discovery collaboration with FORMA Therapeutics to identify novel oncology drug candidates for otherwise difficult targets.

cheng_ho

Post by cheng_ho » Tue May 19, 2020 7:30 pm

You still don't understand what imetelstat is, or where it's actually made. You can buy any oligo you want from China... but you can't sell it in the US oncology market. Chinese companies willing to sell you oligos have absolutely nothing to do with Geron.

You weren't kicked off YHOO by the nonexistent Great Short Conspiracy, either... you were kicked off for making public threats against some factory worker named "Mike Packard" that lives in a singlewide trailer in Meriden New Hampshire. You can't scream death threats on public forums at random people. BTW, that guy lives pretty close to where I hike, and I've seen his trailer... I'm pretty sure he's never heard of Geron.

Read some FDA history. They aren't just out to get Geron... they're out to get everyone.

Read my article about what FDA just did to coronavirus test companies and hospitals:

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Time-to- ... y-34275362

Secret Third Arm

Post by Secret Third Arm » Wed May 20, 2020 4:43 am

Kmall, thank you for the acknowledgment but like you, I am only reading tea leaves here. I enjoy your thoughts and insights and they have the same value as those of any long. In fact, your efforts to raise awareness make me quite certain that we’ll be great company when it comes time to celebrate the success of our perseverance.

Take heart friend, our wait grows shorter by the day.

Best,
-Mike
Secret Third Arm / Bridge to Sell