ASH 2019

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Ryan

ASH 2019

Post by Ryan » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:55 pm

Well there have been numerous ‘big’ ASH events / abstracts for Geron in the past several years. They all seem to come in like a lion and out like a lamb.

(Not the least of which was Dr. Tefferi’s abstract in 2013, which revealed efficacy in both indications across a handful of patients. Stock went up to $5.50 the day of the presentation and was hammered after that.)

Well here we are with that pilot study peer reviewed in NEJM and then proven out over the course of the next 6 years, with a FDA Hold in the midst. Imetelstat again is clearly showing efficacy effects (and a good safety profile) in patients in both indications.

I’m wondering if this ASH, which is coming in like a lamb, may go out like a lion this time.

For MDS, we now have a Phase III initiated, and industry experts and executives will be taking note of the late stage. AND, this poster is coming via a new protocol for ASH, for trials of note. Am I wrong to think that we should see new data from the Phase II/III which will give us additional durability of effect. Last data cut showed TI of almost 3 years for a patient. Will we see continued durability in this poster? This would be great to see.

For MF, very little fanfare on the preclinical abstract for a combo with Rux, INCY’s approved palliative drug. Dr. Rizo already is studying dosing schedules for this combo. This is huge.

Does anyone wind up taking note of these advancements and advanced stages, besides the diehards? Doesn’t look
like it at the moment, but the conference is in 2 weeks so we will see.

rccola335

Re: ASH 2019

Post by rccola335 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:24 am

i thought Scarlet said he would not be doing any result updates for the imerge trial

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Yes, that was in regard to the Phase III patients, who are enrolling now.

I am talking about the Phase II patient cohort. Last data cut was EHA in the summer and we may see updated data, which could allow us to learn more about the durability of the TI. One patient had gone from high transfusion burden to transfusion independence for almost 3 years - that would be ‘tantamount to a cure’. New data could show extended TI.

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:14 pm

Hi Ryan, the abstract makes mention of the Part I results. If this were an oral presentation the think an update of the Part I data would be appropriate and probably part of the presentation. The poster however will probably just reflect the abstract as presented (but I would love to see more data too) but I am not hopeful we will see anything beyond what is in the abstract. What is important and we didn't really discuss is that 90 sites are anticipated for part II, yes 90, to enroll 170 patients. This bodes for early complete enrollment with I think an unstated goal of a more optimistic timeline for data presentation. We shall see. Wouldn't it be great to see further confirmation of ongoing TI but even though one would think how could they not?, I am not sure they will stray beyond what is in the abstract. Why? Because now that dosing is understood so much better and more patients will probably stay on drug the Part II results could be that much more dramatic and an update of part I data probably does nothing to further approval (but could support accelerated status). But, I never know what in Scarlett's head. bp