Similarities between Geron & PCYC by stiglg6 on YMB

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
huntingonthebluffs

Similarities between Geron & PCYC by stiglg6 on YMB

Post by huntingonthebluffs » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:17 am

Copied from YMB per biopearl's vacation post reference.

stiglg6's post from 8/16/2019

an animal on this board suggested that there are no similairties worth mentioning between Geron and PCYC.

How could this animal say such a thing?

Is he or she ignorant to the similarities between Geron's imetelstat and PCYC's imbruvica?

I'd imagine not.

I only showed up here in February of 2018.

From what I can tell, the comparison between the two is an OLD idea.

this made it all that much more amazing when i saw the JNJ job postings for a EMEA strategic pricing manager for imetelstat and imbruvica months before discontinuation.

I believe the similarity between the two is that they are taking a potential platform therapy through the regulatory approval process.

As john Scarllet said before discontinuation, this involves a "bottleneck" that we are currently at right now...a bottleneck that PCYC went through. https://twitter.com/stiglglg/status/106 ... 56/photo/1

PCYC developed their drug with Janssen 50/50 but were bought out by ABBVIE a for $262 a share...

Geron developed their drug with Janssen 50/50 in phase 2 and then Janssen terminated the collaboration commenting that it was a "strategic portfolio decision" and that "they think the drug will be approved".

Following discontinuation several leaders at Janssen have been hired.

The first significant position that was filled by a person knows the pre-clinical struggles to $262 a share all too well (a PCYC employee). Dr. Gutierrez was Senior Director, Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance at Pharmacyclics and a member of the hematology-oncology development team. Dr. Gutierrez has also been part of the oncology development teams at Exelixis, Inc., Genentech, a member of the Roche Group, and Celgene Corporation. Dr. Gutierrez's actions sure make it hard for you to believe that there are no similarities between Geron's single and only drug candidate and PCYC's single and only drug candidate, don't they?

The second significant position that was filled by the person who was leading the efforts of the competitors drug, luspatercept. Geron's Chief medical officer, Dr. Rizo, was lead of the hematology program over at Celgene. Interestingly, she was recently leading the hematology program at Janssen that decided to make the deal with Geron in the first place.

Shortly after, Dawn C. Bir, former vice president of sales at PCYC, joined Geron. Dawn C. Bir built and led their first hematology national sales organization responsible for the launch of IMBRUVICA, a hematology-oncology product, in the United States and Puerto Rico.

Hires from Janssen:
Vice President, Clinical Development – Faye Feller, M.D. who was Senior Director, Clinical Leader on the myeloid program at Janssen Research and Development, LLC

Vice President, Clinical Science and Operations – Laurie Sherman who was Senior Director, Compound Development Team Leader for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) assets at Janssen, where she was responsible for multiple aspects of drug development, including: clinical strategy and execution; chemistry, manufacturing and controls (CMC); toxicology; and clinical pharmacokinetics. Preceding that role, Ms. Sherman held several senior positions in the late-stage team at Janssen, including Senior Director, Myeloid Portfolio Clinical Scientist Leader, where she led development strategy and overall clinical execution of myeloid clinical trials, including the imetelstat clinical trials, IMerge and IMbark. Prior to that role she was Senior Director, Lead Project Scientist on the ibrutinib mantle cell lymphoma program.

ibrutinib is...you guessed it...IMBRUVICA

anyway...next we have

Vice President, Biometrics – Ying Wan, M.D., Ph.D. who was Director and Functional Leader, Oncology Statistics, Statistics & Decision Sciences at Janssen Research and Development, LLC (Janssen). Dr. Wan’s tenure at Janssen spanned 12 years with increasing responsibility where she led the statistical strategy for imetelstat and most recently, multiple solid tumor programs, across all stages of development, including Balversa. In addition, she provided statistical support for Imbruvica, Zytiga, Procrit, and other compounds.

Vice President, Global Regulatory Affairs – Sharon McBain who was Senior Director, Global Regulatory Leader, Oncology at Janssen Research and Development, LLC (Janssen) where she led the global regulatory development strategy for hematology-oncology drug candidates.

im sick of explaining it. my strategy is to buy and hold...

thanks for reading my post.

“@RonReblando dont forget this!”
https://twitter.com/stiglglg/status/1060612984597344256

twitter.com
11:20 AM - 8 Nov 2018

jingledsassy

Re: Similarities between Geron & PCYC by stiglg6 on YMB

Post by jingledsassy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:40 am

Hunt the Lemon guy thinks you are spot on...holding my position tight...

jingledsassy

Post by jingledsassy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:41 am

Hunt the Lemon guy thinks you are spot on...holding my position tight...

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:57 pm

Hunt, thanks for reposting this from YMB. I stiglg6 has followed Geron closely and made some interesting and valuable observations and while happy with the repost, he was not happy with the repost being on my moderated site. To me that is unfortunate. He has taken issue with me over my contention that we still don't know the actual MOS for the TN group. As far as I know that is still a true statement and I posted it as just my opinion and not as a fact. But stiglg6 is always welcome to post here, if civil, and if he does have insight into the MOS for the TN group perhaps he would be willing to share that. Best Regards, bp

1bordersooner

Post by 1bordersooner » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:19 pm

Good to have you back, bp.