Quotes from Shareholder meeting to focus on

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Ryan

Quotes from Shareholder meeting to focus on

Post by Ryan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Here are the top quotes that I wrote down to focus on. What it does not include are Dr Rizo’s brilliant answers, which were too deeply reasoned and in-depth for me to jot down, frankly.

Dr. Scarlett is certainly more ‘jottable’, and here are a couple of the doozies this past Thursday:

“We have a Phase III drug that has shown better efficacy”....
Then after a bunch of disclaimers:
“...no reason to fear going into Phase III”

Later he stated plainly, “So far, better looking data.”

Relating back to BioPearl’s historical rundown, is a far cry then anything else he has stated in his now long run as CEO.

And circling back to Dr. Rizo - recall in this call Dr. Scarlett finally resolved his long assailed acquisition talk, we now learn that this was an attempt at an acqui-hire. He knew he would need experts, and that was one route to take to bring them in. Well now with Dr Rizo not to mention Dr Guitierrez and Dr Wang, he has gotten the best of the best using options and a great drug (thatthese hires know all to well). Dr. Rizo blew me away, exceeding even the lofty expectations. This I think also heartened Dr Scarlett to drop those gems that I quoted.

Ryan

Re: Quotes from Shareholder meeting to focus on

Post by Ryan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:14 pm

Forgot to mention the intricacy of “So far, better looking data.”

Considering that “So far” in this case means over a decade of preclinical and clinical successes, including near 100% CRs in ET and ‘tantamount to a cure’ in some MF cases according to the Mayo Clinic brochure, all built on a Nobel Prize winning discovery, we can see that “So far” is quite a casual reference to the road of data he speaks of.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:15 pm

I’m really interested to get a follow-up on the “better looking data” this weekend.

For MDS, improvement in TI durability would be great to see.

For MF, it is intriguing that the Dr presenting is from the Moffitt Center, which is where the real world data comparator set was generated from... he truly may be the most versed person in the world right now on the comparison of Imetelstat survival as compared to a closely selected comparator cohort. We already know that the 30+ months of survival far far exceeds the 12 months for BAT, so let’s get the expert exclamation point on this very exciting breakthrough in R/R patients. Will the good Doctor go further to pronounce that Marrow improvements show clear efficacy signals and perhaps pound the podium so-to-speak on getting this therapy available to these patients in need... yes, I am looking for a proverbial Kruschev moment. Best of the luck to all.

Secret Third Arm

Post by Secret Third Arm » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:16 pm

Ryan,

Don't forget that the Moffitt center is also one of the IMBARK trial centers, so not only was historical data culled from there, but also Imetelstat is being used first hand by these doctors. As was pointed out elsewhere, the RWD is also contemporaneous to the IMBARK data, so it is truly the best comparator that could be hoped for.

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Ryan, as you may know in addition to using his shoe to pound the podium Kruschev has a special watch constructed (it was nonfunctional) but elicited gasps when he also used this to pound the podium. Thanks for posting, Hoping for that moment too. bp